Chapter 17; Breezeblocks

*Danielle's pov*

"So Dani, how are you feeling?" Nash asked me, writing down my previous response on a notepad.

Honestly, I felt like shit. Cam hides things from me and I find them out from other people. It didn't feel right.

"I'm okay.."

"Are you sure? You seem kind of hesitant." Nash said.

"How long did you know about Cam?" I asked.

"Known what?"

"I'm done with this shit! Cam beat someone to death and he sleep walks. And he's Ms. Allan's son? Why hasn't anyone told me this I don't understand-"

"Danielle, look. I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you."

"No one tells me shit and I'm sick and tired of it." I said.

"Look I'm sorry! Okay? It wasn't my place to tell you."

"You've told other people about me, but this is the only thing you won't tell me?"

"I'm sorry." He repeated.

I got up and opened the door.

"You don't know anything about me, not like you think you do." I turned my head to look at him. He stared back.

"Trust me, I know." He said.

I walked out the door and went to my room.

I got out my blade, and cut small thin lines on my wrist.

I was tired of it, there was nothing I could do anymore. I'm stuck here, and I felt like I needed to get out.

No one here was helping me.

I grabbed some gauze, wrapped it around my wrist, and pushed my long sleeve down to cover it.

I walked up the stairs and went to the infirmary.

"Hey, Danielle! I didn't expect you here." The doctor said.

"Just visiting." I smiled.

"Oh, just let me know if you need anything. Matt's over there." The doctor grabbed my arm.

"Be careful with him. He's not doing too good. I don't know how long he has left, but I say he has a good amount of days- maybe weeks." The doctor said.

"Uh, yeah-h. Of course." I let out a shaky breath.

I've accepted the Matt wasn't going to be living anytime soon. We've both stared at the face of death.

I walked over to Matt's bed and sat down on the edge.

"Hey Matt." I smiled, and grabbed his hand.

"Hey.." He grinned.

He had no more hair, but I couldn't see it because he covered it with a beanie.

"Please stop wearing beanies." I said.

"How come?"

"I don't want you to hide the fact you have cancer." I said.

"I'm not. I promise. I just feel like something has to be on my head. You know? Like I've lost every single strand of hair, and now I can feel the fabric of the beanie. It's creepy." He said, and I laughed.

He never failed to make me laugh.

"Dani, I know you promised that you wanted to commit," his voice lowered, "suicide. But please don't. Do not do it because of me. I wouldn't be able to die happy if that happened." He said.

"Matt, I don't know what to say. I mean, I won't do it if it means that much, but what if I have to do it? For myself? I've been in such a bad place at the moment. I have so much to tell you." I said.

"Please, please don't do that to yourself. You're stronger than that, I know it." Matt said.

"Matt you have no idea what's happened. Shawn and I got trapped on the fourth floor because someone closed the door on us. Cam is Ms. Allan's son! He beat a kid to death when he was twelve! He apparently does dangerous things when he's asleep. Did you know this?" I asked.

"He visits me, when he can't sleep." Matt said.

"And you haven't told me this?"

"It's not like I can physically get up and tell you. And honestly you haven't been visiting.." Matt said.

"Look, you know what? I'll sleep here." I said, as I laid down next to Matt.

"I don't think you can-"

"Shh.." I put my finger on his mouth to make him stop talking. He laughed.

"Look, if you do commit suicide, tell me first?" Matt said.

"Matt, that's fucked up." I said.

"I'm sorry, it's just that, I want to know if you die, and I die, we'll die together." He said.

"It's just like we planned." I sighed.

"Yeah, except I'm dying here and you'll jump in front of a train." Matt said.

"So, why does Cam visit you?" I asked.

"He tells me to take care of you, because he knows he can't do it on his own." Matt said.

"He tries, but I don't think he gets it." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't get me. I like him- a lot. I like him so much it scares me. But, he does try, which makes me happy." I smiled.

"You have a good guy that likes you, Dani. You need to stay alive because of him."

"I don't need to stay alive for anybody except for myself." I said, and Matt agreed.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a hug.

"I'm going to miss you. Okay?" Matt said, his eyes glistening.

"Matt, you know I'm going to miss you too. Please don't think you're going to die anytime soon." I sighed.

"Of course. I'm just saying, like, if I do die I'm going to miss you." He smiled.

I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I drifted off to sleep.

~.~
A/N: Breezeblocks by alt-j (I recommend to watch the video for this song. It's amazing.)
"She may contain the urge to run away
But hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks
Germolene, disinfect the scene
My love, my love, love, love
But please don't go, I love you so, my lovely

Please don't go, please don't go
I love you so, I love you so
Please don't go, please don't go
I love you so, I love you so
Please break my heart, hey"
~
Hey guys! IM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE YESTERDAY IT'S BECAUSE OF SCHOOL. I hope you guys liked this chapter! The next couple of chapters will be picking up so I hope you guys like it!

In other news, I just auditioned for my play, and the final performance is a week a have a dance competition. I can NOT skip dance or else I don't compete. What do I do? :(

I LOVE YOU GUYS LOADS AND I'M SORRY (NOT SORRY) I TALK IN CAPS A LOT.