Chapter 11; Guns for Hands

*Danielle's pov*

I got up slowly, realizing the guy I just bumped into was the newbie of the center.

"I'm really sorry." I said, as I tried to leave. He grabbed my wrist with his hand- yes, hand. He raised his leg so that his hand caught my wrist.

"No, wait." He said, monotoned. He spun me around to face him.

"Who are you?" He continued.

"I'm Danielle."

"Are you always around this time of night?" He asks.

"Not all the time, I had a project I had to finish." I answered.

"Ah, yes. Danielle 'little miss goodie two-shoes' Hanes." He said.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Oh, Dani. I know a lot about you." He smirked.

"Look, I have no idea who you are, but please let me go." I said. He let his hand go, and dropped his leg.

"One day, you'll know the truth." He said, as I ran off. I ran up the stairs, instead of using the elevator. I went to my room and shut the door behind me.

How does he know me? And why did he let me go?

I laid down on my bed, and in an instant I fell asleep.

~~

Waking up is the hardest part. The bed creaks and my laziness gets in the way. I got up from bed and a glass of water and pills were sitting on my side table.

Time for my daily dose. I took two of my pills and went into the shower.
I was still confused about my encounter with the guy with hands for feet.

I got out of the shower and dried my body. Since I was getting out soon, I put on my jeans and a maroon sweater, with slippers.

I brushed my hair out and went to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast. I got in line, and got some cereal.

Today I had to see Matt, because he should be getting out of surgery. Since he walked, the doctors had to check if a tumor grew.

I ate my breakfast silence, and quickly. I ran up the stairs and to Matt's infirmary bed. Shawn was there, and he was talking to Matt.

"Hey." I smiled, and I pulled a seat over.

"Hey, Danielle. Matt's just getting out of anesthesia." Shawn said.

"Is that Danielle?" Matt slurred.

"Yeah, it's me." I smiled.

"I missed you." He shut his eyes.

"Matt-"

"Danielle, he's going to be like this for a while." Shawn said as he got up.

"Do you know how he is?" I asked.

"His tumor grew. They're prescribing him with more medicine and chemo but we don't know how long it is until he's...you know..." Shawn said.

The tears built up in my eyes. I can't do this. I made a promise and I intend on keeping it. No one is going to stop me.

I walked back down the stairs and went to Nash's therapy room. He was in the middle of a meeting, but I didn't care.

"Nash, I really have to talk to you." I said.

There were a few guys, Cam was in the room. There was a guy with the same blue eyes as Nash, but older. I was assuming it was his father. There was another guy with blue eyes and almost looked like Nash, and an Asian guy.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said. I don't know why I always apologize.

"No, it's okay. Sit, the meeting's almost over." Nash said.

I sat next to Cam, and he kissed my forehead.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"Matt, they found the tumor spreading and they're giving him more chemo." I said, basically crying.

"Hey, it's okay. You'll be okay." He hugged me. I felt all eyes on me.

I hated this kind of attention. I didn't want anybody's pity, and I certainly didn't want the people I just met to think I was weak.

"I'm sorry." I said as I pulled away from the hug, and wiped away the tears.

"You don't have nothing to be sorry for." Cam held my hand, and kissed it.

"I'm Danielle." I introduced myself to everyone.

"Hey, I'm Hayes. Nash's younger brother." The guy with blue eyes said.

"I'm Carter." The Asian said.

"And I'm Chad. Hayes and Nash's dad."

"Nice to meet you guys." I smiled.

"So, are we good you guys?" Chad said, and everyone agreed.

While everyone was leaving, Hayes came up to me.

"Hey, I hope we get to see each other again." He smiled.

"Me too. It was nice to meet you." I said.

He hugged me, and I hugged back.

"I hope you're okay. Nash told me about you." He said.

"I'll be fine." I said, lying for his sake.

He left, and I was alone with Nash and Cam.

"So, Matt's not getting any better?" Nash said.

"He shouldn't have walked." I shook my head.

"He'll be loosing his hair in a matter of weeks." Cam added.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. Everyone was just as upset as I was.

"I'm going to say something no one wants to hear. We don't do anything. We can't do anything because we don't know what to do." Nash said.

"I don't want him to die, Nash." I said, as I buried my head into the crook of Cam's neck.

"None of us do, but we just have to support him. Okay, Dani?" Nash said, and I nodded.

"I have group in a little bit. I'll see you soon, okay?" Cam said, and I nodded. He kissed me softly on the lips, and I smiled.

"Bye, Cam." I said as he left.

I turned to Nash and he looked at me.

"You have something to tell me, don't you?" He said.

"Of course." I said.

"Then tell me."

"I was staying in the lounge typing my paper when I realized they were turning off the lights. I ran into...the guy with hands for feet." I said.

"Dani, he's dangerous. You know that?" He said.

"Of course I know that. But he said he knew me," I said.

"Stay away from him. He's just trying to get inside your head. Listen to me. Okay?" He said.

He should know by now, I never listen to a word he says.

~.~
A/N: Guns for Hands by twenty one pilots.
"I know what you think in the morning,
When the sun shines on the ground,
And shows what you have done,
It shows where your mind has gone,
And you swear to your parents,
That it will never happen again,
I know, I know what that means, I know."
~
Sorry I didn't update last night, I went to a concert! It was the 1975 and I loved it.
Also, TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY THAT'S WHY IM UPLOADING. :))
How do you guys feel about me adding Carter and Hayes?
I love you guys sooooo much!