Chapter 37; A Car, A Torch, A Death

*Danielle's pov*

"You do realize breaking and entering is illegal, right?" David said.

"Relax," I said, wiggling the bobby pin in the key hole.

"If we get caught we're going straight to jail." Matt said, as the door finally budged and I opened it.

"So, who wants to go first?" I smirked. No one moved.

"Don't move all at once." I said sarcastically as I entered the police station.

Breaking and entering was completely illegal, but breaking and entering a police station will get you in jail forever.

Matt and David followed me in, and David spoke up.

"We have to find Mom and Dad's file." He said.

"Where would it be?" I asked.

"Come on, let's go this way." Matt said as we followed him into a long dark hallway.

"This place is gives me the creeps." I said, and David laughed.

"What do you expect from a police station?" David asked.

I was holding the flashlight shakily. From what we could see we were in an actual room. There were multiple rows of desks with computers, and a bulletin piled with papers.

"This way." Matt instructed, as he opened a door at the end of the room.

The room was filled with file cabinets. Too many for three people to look through without getting caught.

"How are we going to find it?" I asked.

"Let's look by last name, and if that doesn't work we'll go by year." David said.

We looked for the file cabinet with the first letter of our last name.

"Uh...oh! Okay, E to H is right here." Matt said as he pulled the file cabinet open, revealing a row of files.

"H is the last letter, so look at the end." I said to Matt, and he obliged.

"Hamilton, Hamton, Hanes!" Matt said, reading out the last names.

"What's your mom's name?" Matt continued.

"Crystal." David said.

"Right here." Matt said, pulling out a folder.

"What about our dad? Is his in there?" I asked.

"Would they keep a file of someone who's alive?" David asked, grabbing my mother's file from Matt.

"Maybe, if they were involved in an accident or something..wait..here's your dad's file." Matt said, pulling it out. I took it from him.

"So, is it possible that he's dead?" I asked.

"Or the other way around. Either way it's better than nothing-"

"WHO'S THERE?" A loud voice yelled from the other side of the room.

"Shit," I said under my breath. "Hide. Now."

I hid next to a row of file cabinets, since there was space. Matt did the same from across from me, and David hid behind the door.

"Who's there?" The same voice repeated, it was coming closer.

I held my breath, and I saw Matt close his eyes.

The voice, whoever it was, they held a flashlight. The light was coming closer to me.

"Whoever you are, show yourself." The voice seemed inches away.

I could've sworn the person would've caught me, but we heard a shattering sound, and the person left.

Once we made sure he left, we came out of our hiding spots and sighed in relief.

"We should go, before something like that happens again." David said, and we snuck down the same hallway we came in.

"I need to sleep." I said, rubbing my exhausted eyes. It was probably three in the morning, but my body was running with adrenaline.

"Do you want to wait until the morning to open this?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. Sorry you guys, I put you through this." I said.

"No, it's fine. We wanted to help, especially me. They're my parents too." David patted my back.

We exited the police station, and we started walking to David's apartment.

"Danielle, if you want you can sleep in my apartment, we are siblings, right?" David said, which made me laugh a little.

"I'm fine. Just call me in the morning, the apartment isn't far from here." I gave him a reassuring smile, and he hugged me good night.

It was just Matt and I, walking in the streets of Los Angeles. I could see the Hollywood sign from here, but you could see it anywhere.

We got to Cam's apartment and we took the elevator to our floor. We stood in comfortable silence, Matt and I were both tired.

We stopped in front of both of our rooms, and Matt hugged me.

"I'm glad we didn't get caught." Matt said, and I laughed.

"I'm glad you came and helped. Couldn't have done it without you." I said.

"Good night Dani!" Matt said, as he walked into his apartment.

"Good night, Matt." I said, walking into the apartment.

~~

"How'd you guys sleep?" Nash said, pouring some fruity pebbles.

"Fantastic." I said, sarcastically. But he didn't seem to take notice. I rubbed my eyes. I was still exhausted.

"Good." Cam smiled, already finishing his own breakfast.

"So Dani, if you don't mind we have to film our movie today. Are you fine with that?" Nash asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay with that." I smiled. "Have fun, okay?"

Cam and Nash nodded. Cam went over to kiss my cheek.

"I love you babe. I'll see you tonight." Cam whispered in my ear, saying the ending part seductively. The blood rushed to my cheeks, my whole face was probably red.

Once they left for the movie, I called Matt and David to come over. Shawn would be coming too.

"So, are you ready for this?" Matt asked.

"I don't know." I said, in all honesty.

"Nothing bad's going to happen." Shawn assured me.

"But what if Dad's alive but we can't find him?" I asked.

"We'll find him." David said as he rubbed my arm.

We opened Mom's folder first. They showed a picture of her when she was alive, and a picture of her autopsy.

"Oh my gosh." I said, as tears started to fall. Her body was covered in scars and stitches. She was so pale. This compared to her photo when she was alive, was hard to look at.

"Wait, what is this?" Matt said, grabbing the folder from my hands.

"Dani, David. It-it says that this wasn't an accident." Matt furrowed his brows.

"That's not possible. It's a car accident." I said.

"It says here that it was..." Matt sighed, "they said it was homicide."

~.~
A/N: A Car, A Torch, A Death by Twenty One Pilots
"And then I felt chills in my bones
The breath I saw was not my own
I knew my skin that wrapped my frame
Wasn't made to play this game
And then I saw Him, torch in hand
He laid it out, what he had planned
And then I said, I'll take the grave
Please, just send them all my way"
~~
Hey guys! How are you? I had an off day because I had the "storm" even though I barley had an inch of snow. But if school wants to have off I'm not complaining. :)
I hope you liked this chapter! I love you guys and thanks for reading.