Chapter 38; Trees

*DAVID'S POV*
~flashback~

"David, hon? Could you drive us to the party?" I think I heard my mom say.

Why would she want me to drive to the party? She was yelling at me earlier for not doing anything around the house.

I took another swig at the beer I was drinking. This might have been my fifth beer, but who's counting..?

I was suppose to go to my friend's party, but my mom said no. I'm a fucking sixteen going on seventeen year old...

"Sure mom." I yelled.

I chugged the rest of the beer down, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

I grabbed the keys and started to walk downstairs.

"Where ya going?" My annoying sister, Dani asks.

"Mom and Dad are going to a party and I'm driving." I said as I went down the stairs. She followed me.

"Could I come?" Her little head bobbing up.

"Sure." I smiled, messing up her hair.

Drunk or sober, she's the only person that made me happy.

I walked- well, stumbled- down the stairs. Dani had to help me.

"Are you ready David? Rob? Are you done?" My mom called for my dad.

My dad comes rushing down the stairs, putting on his watch and fixing his collar on his button up shirt.

"Yes Crystal." My dad said before he kissed my sister's forehead.

We all piled into the car, me at the driver's seat, and I pulled out of the driveway into the street.

"Dad, help me get the seatbelt on." My sister said. My dad struggled to get it on.

"You know what, just don't wear it." My dad gave up on the third try.

The house that was hosting the party was about an hour away. It was a long drive and I put on twenty one pilots for some music to hum to.

"And I'll be holding on to you." I yell the last part like Tyler Joseph does it.

From the mirror, I could see my sister's head banging to the beat of the song.

I smile at the sight. At least one person likes my music.

"David. Turn that off." My mom instructed.

"Mom, I'm driving and it's my music." I said.

"Well it's not good for your sister so turn it off." She instructed.

"But she likes it mom!" I said. She just sighed and turned off the music.

I rolled my eyes, I was still hazy from the beers I drank. My body was buzzing. I took a sharp right turn,

"David," my mom said after a while, "you're going the wrong way."

"No, I'm not." I said matter-of-factly.

"I think I know the directions of Karen's house, dear." She huffed.

"Then why don't you drive?" I said sarcastically.

"Does everything that comes out of your mouth have to be sarcastic?" My mom said.

"Does everything that comes out of your mouth have to sound bitchy?" I said, mocking her tone.

"David pull over, I'm driving." She said.

"No, mom." I said, and I did the worse thing possible.

I burped, exposing the beer scent to everyone in the car.

"David! You've been drinking?" My mother gasped.

"Don't be surprised mom, dad drinks all the time." I sighed, focusing on the road.

"I don't drink while intoxicated, that's for sure." My dad said.

"You all just think I'm a failure, don't you?" I said.

"I don't." My sister whispered, loud enough for me to hear. I grinned.

"My own parents don't even care about me. And that's true, isn't it?" I said, my parents were quiet, but Dani was humming to a song she seemed to make up.

"Stop, David. We care about you." My mom said.

"Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up." I said, banging my fists on the steering wheel.

"I hate you. I wish you were dead." I said, as I stated at the steering wheel.

I stared at the road, and at the steering wheel again. Up ahead, there was a cliff, blocked by a metal rod and a few orange cones. To the right of that, were a couple of trees.

I pressed my foot harder on the pedal, going from a fifty to a sixty. When I pressed even harder, I was going from sixty, to seventy, to eighty. The trees were coming closer and closer.

"David, stop the car." I heard my mom say, but my concentration was on the trees.

The car was at a hundred, and the trees seemed to be in hands reach.

"David!" I heard my sister crying hysterically.

The car smashed into the trees, making a screeching sound.

I would've been dead-hell, I was suppose to be dead.

But I heard a voice, the most creepiest voice you could ever imagine.

"Come here, boy. I'll take care of you." It said, and they pulled me out of the wreckage.

I looked back at the awful sight, and my mom's head was smashed on the dashboard, blood was everywhere.

There was a huge hole in the windshield, and my sister was ten feet away from the car. She had glass in her head, and had her skull cracked open.

My dad was no where to be found.

"Dani.." I said.

"Don't worry about them." The creepy man said.

The tears were falling and there was no stopping it. I had killed my sister, the person I loved the most, and my mom. I can't believe I said those things to her.

I will never forgive myself, I was a monster and I hated myself because now my family was dead. They didn't deserve it.

My head was piercing in pain, and when I touched it, it hurt even more. Blood stained my hands, my clothes, all I saw was red.

~.~
A/N: Trees by twenty one pilots (MY FAVORITE SONG BY THEM, JUST SAYING)
"I know where you stand
Silent in the trees
And that's where I am
Silent in the trees.
Why won't you speak
Where I happen to be?
Silent in the trees
Standing cowardly.

I can feel your breath.
I can feel my death.
I want to know you.
I want to see.
I want to say hello."
~~
Hey guys, so I feel like I needed to show you David's perspective on the crash because 1. He was the one that caused it and 2. So that you can see Dani's reaction afterwards. Also, sorry if that the whole chapter is in italics. It's a flashback and that's how I usually do flashbacks. I hoped you guys liked this chapter and I love you. Thanks for reading!