0 | LOVE

ACT THREE, loss
CHAPTER ZERO, love

          Snow fell from the sky and stuck to the ground outside. Calypso pressed her hand against the cool glass and looked out on the white world. A soft smile formed on her face at the sound of people singing Christmas carols outside. She could make out the flash of red hair that was making its way up to Krane Manor, followed by a group of people.

Calypso stood up from the windowsill quickly and dashed to the bottom of the stairs and called up.

"Sirius, they're here!" Calypso exclaimed. She could hear the sound of thumping coming from upstairs followed by the cooing noises of her daughter. Sirius appeared at the top of the stairs, carrying Amara in his arms. 

"I forgot how big this place is." Sirius said as he descended the stairs. He stopped beside Calypso and placed a quick kiss on her cheek before smiling down at her. His eyes were bright and full of happiness and adoration. "You look beautiful."

The corner of Calypso's lips turned up. "You don't look too bad yourself."

The doorbell rang and Minnie ran out of the kitchen to answer it while Calypso tickled Amara's stomach in greeting. The baby's big blue eyes widened as she let out a squeal and began squirming in her father's arms. She held out her tiny arms towards Calypso and Sirius sighed as he handed Amara over to her mother.

"Ready to see your aunts and uncles?" Calypso asked the baby. Minnie threw the door open and the faces of all of Sirius and Calypso's close friends entered into the room. Lily and James stood in the foyer first with Harry bundled tightly in James's arms. Behind him stood Remus and Karma, holding stacks of presents in their hands while Peter stuffed his cold hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his feet. Marlene was holding Neville while Alice and Frank Longbottom stepped inside. Dorcas made her way inside the house last, making her way towards her best friend and pulling her into a hug. 

"It's been far too long, Calypso." Dorcas said before pulling away so that Lily could give Calypso a hug too. Dorcas eyed Amara and took her from Calypso's hands. "She's gotten so big!"

"She's growing up too fast." Sirius said. James handed Harry over to Lily before opening his arms up wide.

"Sirius!" James cried out quite dramatically, acting as though he hadn't seen Sirius just last week.

"James!" Sirius said. The men crashed into each other, nearly toppling over. Calypso rolled her eyes playfully before greeting the rest of their guests that had decided to come to Krane Manor to celebrate Calypso's favorite holiday--Christmas. They had all been so busy lately with everything--work, life, kids, etc., but Calypso figured that since she her family home was doing nothing but gathering dust since no one lived there that she and Minnie could decorate the place and invite everyone over to celebrate Christmas together.

"Remus," Calypso greeted. Remus hugged her tightly. She missed Remus dearly. She didn't see him as much as she saw James or Lily and she hated that. But, he was happy, a lot happier than he had been in a long time. Calypso knew that he and Karma were beginning to get serious and she wondered how long it would be until she could see them getting their happy ending. If anyone deserved it, it was Remus. She turned to Peter and hugged her friend. "Peter!"

Peter Pettigrew chuckled. "Nice to see you too, Cal."

Calypso moved to Alice and Frank. They had gotten closer after leaving Hogwarts and Calypso had visited them after they had their son, Neville. Calypso smiled at Neville and hugged her friends before moving over to Marlene.