13 | MAP

we updating 😌

ACT ONE, forgotten homeCHAPTER THIRTEEN, map

CHAPTER THIRTEEN, map

Iris laughed as the black dog licked her face. She rubbed its head before giving the Grim a tight hug. She smiled before Sirius, who was in his animagus form, went behind one of the chairs in the Room of Requirement and changed back into his normal form.

''How's Harry recovering?'' Sirius asked. Calypso sat by the fire, a smile on her face as she watched them. For a brief moment, she felt as though they were the only people in the world that mattered. She felt that they didn't have to worry about all the troubles that plagued them from the outside world, it was just them. But then, Calypso remembered that things would never truly be normal and she frowned ever so softly before listening to Iris' response.

''Quite well, actually. He wasn't injured too badly, but I'm sure he saw you when he was falling.'' Iris responded. Calypso walked closer towards them. ''When can he finally see you? I really think that he'll believe now.''

Calypso shook her head. ''It's entirely too soon. We have to wait. Especially with the Dementors getting this close. Eventually, they'll start to notice something is up because of the Phoenix that circles the castle watching out for you. You are the only access we have to Harry. Baby steps, Iris. Baby steps.''

The highlight of Iris' week was that Professor Lupin was back to teaching and told them that they didn't have to write the essay Snape had assigned to them (even though none of them except Hermione had done it) before showing them a hinkypunk. He taught them about it before the class ended and dismissed everyone, except Harry. Iris had looked at Remus cautiously but he nodded, urging for her to exit the classroom. And she did as Remus silently told her.

Another Hogsmeade trip came before the term ended and Iris would be forced to go back and see Cordelia ever since she had released Calypso, Ophelia, and Rania from their deep slumber. She wondered how angry or freaked out Cordelia had been when she found that the Krane women were gone. But, Iris decided to actually go to this trip because Oliver told Cordelia that Iris hadn't gone to the last one. This prompted Cordelia to write her a letter that sounded very suspicious and almost accusatory, but Iris managed to get out of it. She had no idea how she would handle the whole Cordelia situation and she really didn't care to worry about that now.

Iris' eyes widened as she saw Harry Potter just appear in Honeydukes while she looked around. She was very curious on how he had even gotten into Hogsmeade without a slip before realizing something as she eavesdropped on him and his friends' conversation. They mentioned something about a Marauder's Map and it wasn't until Harry had spoken the words, 'Moony, Wormtail, Firebird, Padfoot and Prongs' that she knew exactly who he was talking about.

Although she didn't understand how Fred and George Weasley figured out how to get the Marauder's Map to reveal itself to them, she knew that that map wouldn't show Iris Rosier on it because it wasn't her real name. She also knew that it would show Peter Pettigrew instead of 'Scabbers'.