6 | HIDDEN ROOM

ACT ONE, forgotten homeCHAPTER SIX, hidden room

CHAPTER SIX, hidden room

Iris looked through Calypso's journal that had been gifted to her by Alex, who had found it when he visited Calypso's house the night she disappeared. Iris had to figure out why she thought that she was going to die, but first she needed to figure out who was so hellbent about getting rid of her and her family. It came with the help of the last clue. Cordelia Rosier.

Cordelia was the obvious person. She had, after all, taken and raised Calypso's daughter to her own liking.

Oliver never stopped to question why Iris had spent all of her time that summer reading instead of hanging out with him and Draco over the summer like she normally did.

As she was reading through Calypso's very detailed journal, she reached the entry about the day that she had broken into the Rosier residence and Karma had gotten infected with the werewolf curse. It was from Calypso's journal that Iris also figured out what Remus' affliction was that he hid so well. She also mentioned very briefly about a hidden room that the Death Eaters had put Alex and Maverick in.

Iris didn't even know that her house had hidden rooms.

Iris, immediately, dropped everything she was doing and had a theory. Cordelia had kept the bodies of the Krane women in the house because it would be the least obvious place to look. No one would suspect it and they were her biggest competition. Iris wondered why Cordelia hated Calypso so much.

''What are you doing, Iris?'' Oliver asked, watching in confusion as she ran her hands along the wall. Calypso looked at him with slightly widened, startled eyes. ''Don't you want to come hangout with Draco and I? I still am convinced that he likes you and would love to see you before school starts. Mum says we still have to go to Diagon Alley tomorrow, by the way.''

''Of course.'' Iris said, knocking on the wall in her bedroom and hearing that it was hollow. She frowned and Oliver looked at her in confusion as she moved her bed.

''What're you doing?'' Oliver asked.

''Ollie, please, leave.'' Iris said. She saw the look of hurt on Oliver's face as he looked at her. ''I will tell you later, I promise, but I have a couple things I need to do.''

''That involve secret rooms in our house? No way, sis. You tell me now or I ask mum.'' Oliver threatened.

''No! No. Don't do that, please. Oliver, if people found out about what is down there, mum could be in very big trouble.'' Iris said.

''What's down there?'' Oliver asked.

''If I am correct, which I think I am because I have a feeling, then there are things down there that she doesn't want me to find out about.'' Iris said.

''Why can't you tell me?'' Oliver asked. ''You tell me everything.''

''Because, Oliver, they can use it against you.''