A LETTER FROM A LOVED ONE

_________________

FOR THE EYES OF AMARA
BLACK ONLY

_________________

DEAR AMARA,

You probably have no recollection of me, nor your father, for you would be only a year old the last time you have seen us if you still have this letter in your possession. Merlin, it is so hard to sit here and write this letter while you are sound asleep in the bed, only a few feet away from me. None of this is your fault. Your birth would not have prevented Voldemort from deciding to latch himself onto our family. We all saw what he did to James and Lily. My two best friends in the entire world. I miss them more than I could have possibly imagined.

Sirius told me that he would be back soon enough. That he had to go find Peter Pettigrew because he's the reason that Lily and James are dead, but I fear that Sirius may not be able to keep that promise because I know that Voldemort is coming to find me and he is going to take you away because of the prophecy.

The prophecy tells the tale of the descendant of the wise and sly having a daughter with a 'dark' wizard and that that daughter can change the fate of this entire world. It's a alot to take in, I know.

I have no idea if you'll come across this letter ten years from now or thirty, but I will have secured it to a safe place that I know you will stumble across in the future. You could save lives, my sweet, sweet girl.

You could save mine.

Old family friends, the Rosiers, have been out to get me for so long now. Cordelia used to be kind to me, all those years ago, but I fear that now she is bending to the ways of her friends. She will surely contain me and she may even come for you. But, if Harry Potter can survive a killing curse, then my, you can sure as hell survive that bitch.

I should really calm with a cussing, you could be eleven years old and reading this. Sorry. Your father always said I swore like there was no tomorrow.

This letter is to set you on the right path. To ensure the survival of what the Order believed in. To make sure that our daughter continues the legacy of her parents. To make sure that James and Lily Potter did not die in vain. Find him, Amara. Find Harry Potter and help him see the way. And by Merlin, make sure he kills that son of a bitch Voldemort for taking everything good in this world and ruining it.

Also, find the cure. It'll help. But I'm sure if you found this letter, you can find it. Just search the spot where the phoenix flies and is reborn. It'll all make sense soon, my love. And make sure your father and I are alright. Because when you find us, we'll kick ass together. The eagle and the dog roam together. Always.

Sincerely,
Firebird