6 | DUMBLEDORE'S WILL

ACT FIVE, love
CHAPTER SIX, dumbledore's will

       There were a pile of presents in front of Iris when she ate breakfast in honor of Harry's birthday. Bill and Monsieur Delacour were finishing up their breakfast and Mrs. Weasley chatted over them with a frying pan while Oliver tried to sneak food off of Iris's plate. She had to repeatedly swat his hand away before she started to take food from him in retaliation.

She looked into the doorway where Harry appeared.

"Happy birthday." She said with a smile. He smiled back at her.

"Thanks."

She tossed him one of the presents and he unwrapped it. It was a framed photo of their parents and they held baby Harry and Iris in the photo beside each other. Sirius and James held the children beside each other and were smiling brightly at the camera while Calypso and Lily stood next to them, all of them smiling brightly. The picture would move and James would raise Harry's arm to wave at them while Sirius raised Iris into the air like he was presenting her to the world and her legs kicked below her. Bundled and wrapped behind the photo was the sweater that James was wearing in the photograph.

Harry was speechless for a moment and he looked at Iris with wide eyes.

"I-I don't . . . Where did you . . .?" 

"My mum kept some of your parent's things. I can give you the rest and I have a lot of pictures like that back at Krane Manor that they left behind, so you can have those too if you wanted." said Iris. Harry placed the gift on the table and pulled Iris up out of her seat so that he could hug her tightly. Everyone in the kitchen turned to look at them and Iris's cheeks turned slightly pink as she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back. The hug lasted longer than a usual friendly hug would and when they pulled away from each other, Iris hurriedly sat back in her seat so the others could give Harry their gifts.

"That was real cute." Oliver teased.

"Shut up." said Iris before she took a piece of his bacon.

"Arthur told me to wish you a happy seventeenth, Harry," said Mrs. Weasley, beaming at him. "He had to leave early for work, but he'll be back for dinner. That's our present on top." 

Harry sat down in the empty chair on the other side of Iris, took the square parcel she had indicated, and unwrapped it. Inside was a watch very like the one Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had given Ron for his seventeenth; it was gold, with stars circling around the face instead of hands. 

"It's traditional to give a wizard a watch when he comes of age," said Mrs. Weasley, watching him anxiously from beside the cooker. "I'm afraid that one isn't new like Ron's, it was actually my brother Fabian's and he wasn't terribly careful with his possessions, it's a bit dented on the back, but —" 

The rest of her speech was lost; Harry had got up and hugged her. She patted his cheek clumsily when he released her, then waved her wand in a slightly random way, causing half a pack of bacon to flop out of the frying pan onto the floor. 

"Happy birthday, Harry!" said Hermione, hurrying into the kitchen and adding her own present to the top of the pile. "It's not much, but I hope you like it. What did you get him?" she added to Ron, who seemed not to hear her. 

"Come on, then, open Hermione's!" said Ron. 

She had bought him a new Sneakoscope. The other packages contained an enchanted razor from Bill and Fleur ("Ah yes, zis will give you ze smoothest shave you will ever 'ave," Monsieur Delacour assured him, "but you must tell it clearly what you want . . . ozzerwise you might find you 'ave a leetle less hair zan you would like. . . ."), chocolates from the Delacours, and an enormous box of the latest Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes merchandise from Fred and George.