Foreward

Blink is the second story I wrote! And it takes place after Season 3 of Stranger Things, so if you have not seen all three seasons then go watch them!

Gosh, this story is my baby and I love it so much. I am probably going to say that at the beginning of each story I write, because I always love the characters I create. Especially Seraphina. She's such a badass, more so than I could ever be, and is probably my coolest character, in my opinion. Watching Stranger Things, I'd always thought Dacre Montgomery was super attractive and felt bad for Billy. From the flashbacks with his mom, he was a normal, healthy, kid, but then interactions with his dad turned him. I always thought his tale was such a tragedy, so I've taken the liberty of writing him a new ending.

For anyone in my audience that is young and impressionable: even though Seraphina is going to try and 'save' Billy, things don't work that way in real life. You can't fix people. Someone like Billy is probably a real asshole, and would need years of work, therapy and reparations to get through all the damage that has been done. Billy's dad, who I despise, probably went through situations in his own childhood, and probably his father before him. It's how the cycle of abuse works, and it's just terrible.

Blink has a soundtrack! When I was doing research on the 80's, I made a playlist full of songs that were from the era in general, and then another that has songs that would have been accessible during the book's time period. I feel like music was such a big part of Stranger Things, so naturally I wanted it to be a part of my little story.

The playlist is here, and I will also have indicators of what song goes where, and usually it's just one song per chapter, with a few exceptions.

It's called
"Blink Soundtrack"
By Monarchiicheetah (if the link doesn't work I suggest just plugging it into the search bar)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6JhfdQ70MXiAv2V47YDAc4?si=4ZVXKS9mTDioeN8S2rbGWQ

****I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR SERAPHINA, TOM, LORRAINE, JUSTIN, PETE, JOSH, GUS, DALE, AND ALL OF THE COLLINS' EXECPT FOR "LUCY", CREDIT FOR ALL OTHER CHARACTERS TO THE STRANGER THINGS SERIES***

***I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MUSIC MENTIONED, ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL ARTISTS AND SONGWRITERS***

Sorry folks, I didn't write any original songs for this. :p

The soundtrack still slaps though.

Anyways, enjoy Blink!

-Jay