Epilogue

▶️ A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall by Bob Dylan

A month later

The morning London sky is alive, the birds heralding the rising sun. A symphony of nature's condolences arise from the animals of the plentiful, surrounding trees. Dewdrops like diamonds sit upon the blades of grass. A gentle breeze tenderly tugs on everything in sight.

Billy stands, dressed in a black suit with a white shirt, his hands in his pockets, occasionally reaching up to brush a curl or two out of his face. A bouquet of mixed flowers is nestled carefully in the crook of one of his elbows. He looks solemn, although no tears escape his eyes. He just stares at the grave in front of him. He shuffles his feet nervously, as if unsure of what to say or do.

Another person stands beside the solemn Billy. It's Gus, Seraphina's trusty contact and hacker. A single tear falls from his face, as he too faces the grave. He's wearing a white suit, with a black shirt. The suit is very him, he doesn't seem to care the the bottoms of the pants have started to become wet with dew. He just stares ahead, twisting a ring on his finger every so often.

A hooded figure, cloaked in black, approaches. Rhinestones of different sizes dot the cloak sporadically. The rising sun reflects off the fake gemstones, creating the illusion of the night sky, on the back of the mysterious individual.

They slowly, remove their hood with delicate fingers. An 007 tattoo, adorned with flowers, is visible on their wrist.

The hood is removed completely, and Seraphina's platinum blonde hair is exposed to the world, her blue eyes teary, and a sad smile upon her angelic face.

*

I move up to stand in between Gus and Billy. They both look at me, and then share a glance themselves, but remain silent. The rock before me is black like the night. A tear escapes my eyes as I read the white inscription:

Beloved Father and Mentor

Now sleeping among the stars

Tom

???-March 10, 1980

I smile and sob, a rush of emotions and memories overtake me.

"Do you like it?" The lilting voice of Gus pulls me back to the present for a second.

"It's beautiful." I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him, sobbing. He holds me, gently. I'm careful, the bullet wound I took at the Hargrove house still aches, although it's mostly healed.

He just holds me.

"How?" I pull away from him and wipe my nose on my sleeve. "How did you do this?"

Gustav's face turns solemn. "I was the one who buried him."

I let out another little sob, and look at the grave.

I hear a shuffling sound on my other side. I step back from Gus and turn to the other boy I brought with me today. Billy.

His eyes are wide with concern, flowers are cradled gingerly in his hands. He holds them out for me and I take them with a half-smile.

Lilies white and roses red, I take the flowers and place them in on the grave. I kneel down on the grass and touch the tombstone with a hand. I place my head up against it and I cry some more.

Tom, there's so many things I wish I could tell you. I don't know where you are, if you're in Heaven...or somewhere else... or you're looking out for me as an angel...wouldn't that be funny? Wherever you are, whatever journey you're on, I miss you a lot.