#19 The Entrance

The sound of the ringing alarm causes me to sit up quickly. I scan my surroundings and hear a small gasp as I see that Billy has done the same. I look at the time. 9:00. We'll be in Hawkins by 2:00. Light filters into the bedroom we've spent the last few months in. Billy and I both hop out of bed, and go downstairs together to grab something to eat. We don't talk much, Billy isn't that hungry.

"You have to eat, baby." I say.

"I know." He sighs.

When we finish, he's about to exit the room when I say "wait."

He turns to face me. There's an expression on his face that is unlike the Billy I used to know, but not the Billy I know now. It's fear. He walks over to me and leans in, we press our foreheads together and just enjoy each other's presence for a moment. Billy's expression changes, as does mine.

"Let's do this." He says.

"Let's do this." I echo.

We release each other with a playful shove, and Billy lights a cigarette, then stalks off to the downstairs bathroom. He has his outfit and everything he needs down on the guest bed, and all my stuff is upstairs. I turn on the radio as I get ready, taming my perm a little and putting on makeup.

I'm wearing a white shirt, tucked in, hi-rise , very ripped jeans, a black belt with a gold buckle, my Vans, and there's a red bow in my hair. My sunglasses are of course glued to my face, I look at myself in the mirror. Perfect.

I check the clock. We're right on time.

I pack up and blink around to my storage unit and the new house to move the rest of my belongings. I'm done.

I pick my way down the stairs and enter the downstairs bathroom.

Billy is wearing a white button down with quite a few buttons undone, a denim jacket, denim jeans and his biker boots. He has an earring in and his hair is done as well. His classic, denim on denim, suits him well.

He turns to look at me. He smiles seductively and I melt into his arms. He kisses the top of my head and I kiss his neck.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Ready when you are, princess." He purrs, pushing my hair behind my ear.

We clean up a little bit and I move his stuff to the new house. We look around the house that we spent so many months in, and I sadly turn off the lights. Our surfboards stand in the hallway, waiting for us solemnly.

"Let's go home." I look into Billy's beautiful eyes and he looks into mine. He closes his eyes shut, long lashes batting, and I blink us to the new house. We're ready.

One thing Billy is great at is making an entrance, and what an entrance it will be.

I blink us to the Hawkins house.

Easiest move ever, right?

All our belongings are already set up.

I touch the wall of the house, looking around. It doesn't feel like home. Maybe it will soon.

Billy flicks open his lighter, playing with it. The dancing flame eats hungrily away at the few seconds of oxygen it gets before he cuts it off. I look up to his blue eyes, the fire reflecting.

I used to think Billy was like fire, passionate, raging, and burning. I knew Billy could burn me, so I used to be careful around him. Beautiful to look at but not to touch. But then after he took me surfing I realized how much he was like the ocean. Gentle with the ones who respected him. Angry with the ones who didn't. Emotional. Pushy. Beautiful to look at, and to touch. To run my fingers over his curly hair, his hair that looks like little cresting waves, is just as nice as that first dip of your fingers into the ocean. To have his heartbeat lull me to sleep, is just as nice as the ghost ocean waves. He is both fire and water. He is a force of nature, indescribable, immeasurable. And with him, with my powers, we are unstoppable. There isn't anything we can't flood, burn, or blink away.