#12 Mixed Emotions

▶️ Total Eclipse of the Heart -Bonnie Tyler

I help Billy clean up his face. He sits on the counter as I wipe the blood off of him and squeezes my body in between his thighs when the pain starts to hurt.

"Ow, ow Billy." I say and jump back as he squeezes me too hard.

"Sorry."

He always lets up when I tell him to.

I pull some frozen peas I bought for this exact purpose out of the fridge and lay them on Billy's face. "Hold these there."

"Yes ma'am."

I also give him a glass of water. "Drink."

He drinks all the water and I lead him to the couch and lay down next to him, in his lap. He holds the peas with one hand, as strokes my hair in the other.

"I told you not to." I say.

Fucking asshole could've gotten himself killed or something. I can't believe he got drunk and into a fight, I was so worried. I was so worried I'd have to blink or something and I didn't know if I could...

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that was going to happen like that." I'm surprised to hear him apologize instead of arguing like he usually does.

I sigh. As much as I want to let him have it, I restrain myself.

"It's okay." I sit up.

"Do I look bad?"

"Yeah."

"I'll get better, I always do."

"You better have not split your side open or I'm dumping you to the curb." I push Billy's shirt away from his previous wounds and look at them. They seem okay, although Billy has some new bruises where Justin tackled him.

I sigh in relief "you're good."

Billy gets up from the couch with a grunt and he holds his arms out for me, balancing the peas on his face.

"What are you doing!" I ask.

"Hop up." He says with a cheeky smile.

"Billy..."

"Just do it Ser."

I obey him and hop up into his arms, he carries me to the foot of the stairs as I rest my head in his shoulder and hold the peas in place for him. This used to be one of my favorite things about Billy, how he could pick me up and hold me. But now I'm not really thinking of that because I don't think I trust drunk Billy to get me up. Billy starts climbing the stairs. He's super wobbly.

"Billy I don't think this is such a good ideaaa-!"

Billy wobbles too hard on the sixth step and slips, and we start to fall. My instincts kick in and I blink us both to the top of the stairs. He ends up on top of me.

"You better get your act together Billy." I say from under him, still holding the peas to his face.

Billy looks at me seriously. "I have to tell you something Ser..."

"What do you want to tell me?" I wiggle out from under him and help him up.

"You look so beautiful." He says seriously.

"Thanks." I roll my eyes.

"I love you." He says suddenly.

I love you.

Those three words are the source of so much meaning and confusion for me.

"Billy you're drunk." I try to push him away.