Chapter 8: I Still Love You, but it Hurts

Allison's POV:

After hearing those words, I immediately run out of his room. He follows me, of course, as he doesn't want to lose sight of me ever again. I ignore his words, telling me to come back to him. I refuse to see him, ever again.

Scott's POV:

There's nothing I can do about it now. I've lost her. I've truly lost her. I don't know what I'm doing. I still love her, but not the way she loves me. And I have to be truthful, and honest. When Allison and I first dated, I wasn't honest with her. When we got back together, she knew what was going on, but our relationship was eventually strained for numerous reasons.

It wouldn't work for us to be together right now. Most likely someday, it would. But not now.

And the truth is, I do love Malia. And I know that Malia feels the same. But how am I supposed to be able to make a move on Malia, now that I have betrayed Allison?

I can't do it. This is all too much.

After attempting to find Allison, I eventually gave up hope. She won't come back. Ever.

Until she learned of Gerard's reappearance.

On a rainy, October evening, I heard a knock on my front door. I hadn't left for college yet, specifically because Lydia told me not to. Surprisingly, Allison was standing outside in the vicious storm. "Come in;" I calmly said.

Allison came into my house, shivering. I rushed to get her a towel, and sat her down on the couch.

After a few minutes of inability to make eye contact with each other, she finally spoke up.

"Why didn't you tell me Gerard was back?" she asked.

"You were missing, Allison. I tried to text you, but the message wouldn't go through."

"I was in France. I shut out everyone from Beacon Hills and had a month to myself."

"That's great, Allison. But how did you know Gerard was back?"

"I had word from omegas in London that his followers were killing around that area."

"So that's why you came back? Are you in need of an alpha again?"

"No, Scott. I want my grandfather gone. He is a dangerous man."

"Does he even know that you're alive?"

"He will;" she growled, with her eyes shining blue.

Allison's POV:

As soon as he saw my eyes glow, he looked away. I know he's ashamed of me. I didn't mean to kill anyone, I swear. It was an accident.

My eyes turned back to a chestnut brown. "Scott;" I sighed. He ignored me. "Scott!" I repeated.

"What?" He growled.

"You're still mad that I killed someone."

"I know you didn't mean to, but I just can't look at you the same."

"I guess this goes both ways then, because I can't look at you the same either."

"What? Because of what I said about Malia?"

"Yes, Scott! Exactly!" I shouted. "You confessed your love for one of my closest friends right in front of me! How do you think that made me feel?"

Scott remained silent. He sighed, and then looked away from me. "Look at me when I talk to you, Scott."

"I can't, Allison."

"I still love you, Scott. But, I will never forgive you." I choked on my tears, and let out a huge sigh.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. Before Scott could do anything, I stormed towards the door and opened it aggressively. There stood Malia. Of course, just what I needed.

"Allison, are you... okay?" She quickly asked, but by the time she finished that sentence, I was out the door. I guess she had noticed the tears streaming down my face.