Chapter 12: To Be Saved

Never again did Allison Argent think that she would talk to Scott McCall. But there she was, standing in front of his hotel room door.

She hesitated knocking on it, for several reasons- one: her secret.

She had been keeping a secret from everyone for months. Including Isaac, who she was dating. How did he not find out? She had absolutely no clue. It was the only way that she could stop all of this madness from happening; and more importantly, the only way to stop Isaac.

Isaac was a dangerous person, and Allison ultimately did know that. She would kill for fun with him, but she absolutely hated it. Every time she saw Isaac kill someone, she could feel his humanity getting stripped away piece by piece. It was terrifying.

And she knew his ultimate goal, too. Thanks to werewolf hearing, she overheard Isaac telling Scott he was trying to steal his power.

Which meant that he was going to kill both Scott, and her.

I didn't want to die. It was too soon. I had just come back from the dead, a little over a year ago.

Another reason why she didn't want to knock on the door was because she was afraid to face Scott. Just two nights ago, she was sitting at the edge of his bed while he slept. She missed being close to him, but he was drunk, and upset. That's never a good combination.

There are many more reasons why Allison didn't want to talk to Scott, but ultimately, she knew she had to.

So there she was, knocking on his door. When Scott didn't answer after two minutes, she kicked it open. Little did she know, she found Isaac with his hands around Scott's throat, as if he were ready to kill him.

"Isaac, don't!" she screamed.

Isaac hesitated. "You knew. This whole time. I can smell it on you. The fear."

"I'm not scared;" she growled. All of a sudden, her eyes glowed a bright blue, and she shut the door behind her. After taking off her coat, she transitioned into a wolf, and ran after Isaac. Isaac quickly dropped Scott, and jumped out the window.

As soon as Isaac was gone, Allison transitioned back into a human. She quickly grabbed her coat, and rushed to help Scott. He had bruises around his neck, but they were beginning to heal.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah," he sighed. "But Allison- what were you doing here in the first place?"

"I knew about Isaac's intentions the whole time. And yesterday, after I left, I listened in. I heard the whole thing."

"So what was your relationship with Isaac? A lie?"

"Not completely. When I first got together with him, everything was perfect. But, when we started killing together, I realized that what we had was a lie. He wasn't being truthful with me whatsoever. Regardless, I stayed with him- but only to figure out what he was doing."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I couldn't, Scott. It would've ruined everything, and Isaac would've killed you regardless, power or not."

"So, what do we do now about Isaac?"

"The only option is to kill him. And I have to be the one to do it."