Chapter 10: She Used to Be Mine

Scott and Stiles' Phone Conversation

Stiles: You're never going to believe what I saw at work today.

Scott: What? What is it?

Stiles: We're being handed the whole hunter thing, and I guess there's some interference in Europe.

Scott: What do you mean "interference?"

Stiles: I saw Allison, Scott. She's with Isaac. They're killing hunters.

Scott immediately hangs up the phone. He dashed over to his computer and books a plane ticket to Paris, where he assumes Allison is.

His legs were trembling. He was terrified. 'What had Allison gotten into?' he asked himself. More and more guilt was piling up on his shoulders. He felt nothing but shame, for the mistakes he made with her.

As he was sitting on the plane, he was looking at a picture on his phone of Allison. The person in the seat next to him was looking at his phone as well.

"Sorry to intrude," the man asked, "but is she yours? She is a beautiful young lady."

"She used to be mine. I'm going to go see her."

"To win her back?"

"To save her;" he sighed. He continued to look out at the bright, blue sky. For the very long flight, he could not settle down. His heart was racing. His legs were shaking.

When the plane landed, he moved as fast as he could. Of course, going through customs did not help at all. As soon as he exited the airport, he was able to catch both Allison and Isaac's scents. They were near.

When he found them, they were kissing on a balcony. Scott hopped up there, and quickly grabbed Isaac by the throat.

"Scott, let go of him!" Allison growled.

"You two are murderers. Was this his idea?"

"It was my idea too. We were doing what we needed to do to survive."

"You're sounding cocky, Allison."

"Like you have a lot to say."

Scott sighed. "What I said, or what I did to you was not cocky. It was rude, and I go through the guilt and pain of it every day. But O promise you, it was not cocky at all."

"It still hurt, Scott;" she cried.

"I know it did;" he reassured her. "But Allison, the world is falling apart. The FBI is getting involved. Stiles told me that you two were interfering with the terrorist attacks happening. Soon enough, the whole world is going to know about the supernatural. We will die if they find out."

"At least we will go down fighting;" Isaac says.

"I want to live, Isaac! I'm all for stopping the hunters, but you know that we don't have to kill."

He hesitates, but says, "We are monsters. Doesn't mean we have to become killers."