Chapter 13: Vengeance

"Allison," Scott said, "You can't kill Isaac."

"I have to, Scott. It's the only way we can stop him."

"But Allison- imagine what it'll do to you. Killing him will ruin you."

"He already did;" she replied, choking on tears. She quickly wiped them away and ran out of the hotel room. As she began to rush down the hall, Scott followed after her.

"Allison, why do you keep running away from me?" he asked.

"It helps me run away from my feelings for you. Every time I'm around you... every time I look at you I get this hollow feeling in my chest, and it's like someone literally took a shovel and dug a hole in me. It's the worst feeling I've ever had in my life... besides death."

Scott was stunned by the words she had said. He remembered saying that to his mother during his sophomore year, right before the winter formal as she was sewing up his ripped slacks.

I know. Everyone knows eventually. But it does go away.

I don't want it to.

Have you told her how you feel?

She knows, he shrugged.

Come on, Melissa said as she gave Scott a little pat on the forehead. She knows. She knows? Listen, dumb ass, I'm gonna let you in on a secret that most guys don't even have a clue about. Ready? Women love words.

"You know," he said with a smile, "I said those exact same words about you once."

"Really?" she asked. She wiped away the tears on her face, and her frown turned into somewhat of a grin.

"Yeah;" he said. "But that's a story for another day." He began to walk over closer to Allison, and he grabbed her hand to hold it. "If you really feel the need to kill Isaac- that's okay. Do it for you. Get the vengeance you deserve."

"Thanks, Scott."

Later that night, the two of them went on a search to find Isaac. When they found him, Allison immediately brought out her claws. After transitioning into a wolf, she charged at him with full force and ripped him apart into shreds.

At first, Scott was a little hesitant with letting Allison proceed with this. But deep down, he knew that it was what she needed. And, they both knew it was the only way to stop the already breeding war.