Chapter 15: Truth

"Because I love you is not an excuse anymore, Scott!" she yelled.

"Allison, you died! In my arms! And then 8 months later, you showed up on my doorstep."

"And you didn't have a problem with me helping for the next four years! Why now?"

"After Isaac, I couldn't let you be involved in this anymore. You're twenty-three, Allison. Go enjoy the world. Have fun."

"I'm sick of it, Scott! I just want to be with you. You said you would never leave my side again!"

"And then I went to college, Allison. It's not like you can go to college, either."

"I know I can't. I just- I don't know what to do. I need your help."

"I don't know how to help you, Allison. I just want you out of this mess! Maybe after I graduate, things will be different. I have about five more months until then."

"So- you just want me to leave?"

"I don't want you to get hurt."

"I can protect myself. Before I was a werewolf, and now."

"I know you can. Which is why I want you to go. Go live with my mom... or your dad."

"I hate you, Scott McCall. I hope you know that."

Scott didn't want to be hated by her, but it would be better than her knowing the truth.

Scott couldn't be a normal college student anymore. He was often making day trips to Beacon Hills to make sure everyone was okay. He was checking on his pack. Jack wasn't actually in the pack, either. But, he helped out sometimes. Especially now, that they had lost someone.

Malia was dead. And everyone but Allison knew.

Until she realized something. She could sense Scott's emotions. The connection between a Beta and its Alpha can be strong, especially when close. She sensed grief from him, and that's when she immediately knew what happened.

A year started to roll down her cheek. "Who died?" she asked.

Scott refused to answer her and walked out of his room. Allison followed after the grieving Alpha and asked him once again, "Who died, Scott?"

"Malia;" he said hesitantly, while choking on a tear.

————————————————————————

I'm sorry this is a short chapter! I'm starting to run out of ideas. I don't want this to be a short story like No Right to Love You, so this is sort of just a filler chapter. I have some ideas soon though!

Also, I sincerely apologize to the Malia/Scalia friends. I know they didn't get a proper break up, but I felt like killing her off would help in the plot.

Anyways, I hope you are liking the story so far!!

Xoxo Katie <3