20|| Twenty

Chapter twenty ; the Avonlea county fair

"𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝒽ℯ𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓋ℴ𝓃𝓁ℯ𝒶"

__**••**__

      IT WAS THE WEEKEND before the Avonlea county fair and everyone was excited for it. Lacie who wanted to make a cake was in the kitchen with Jane as the two friends were making a cake.

"I so can't wait for the fair it's going to be so much fun," said Jane as helped Lacie with the icing on the cake

"Yeah but what's going to be the least fun is Josie tagging along with us," said Lacie as she kept her eyes on the cake "and competing with Anne,"

"I think Anne making a cake that Mary made one time," said Jane "anyway is there someone special your bringing to the fair?"

"Yes there is and it will remain a surprise until then," said Lacie as she was putting the finishing touches on the cake "and he will also be tagging along with us, even though billy isn't thrilled about it,"

"Please tell me your not denying your feelings for billy," Said Jane

"Jane I already said it and I'm going to say it again I. Do. Not. Like . Billy Andrews and that's final," said Lacie "now want to see the dress I'm wearing to the fair?"

"Sure," smiled Jane as the two girls ran to Lacies room

__**••**__

The day of the fair has approached and Lacie was wearing a a baby blue dress with a white collar with orange flowers printed on the dress. Since she was older rosella wanted Lacie to wear something grown up, she wore her hair in a simple half up half down with an orange ribbon bow along with her hat.

The Salem family arrived at the fair, Lacie arrived a few minutes after them as she had to pick River up

"Lacie the cake look marvelous," said rosella as she admired her daughters cake

"Aww mother that's so sweet of you to say but I need to drop this off so River want to come with me?"

River who was wearing a white button up shirt with some black pants nodded as he smiled as he placed a hand on Lacies back

After Lacie left. the Andrews along with the Pyes walked up to the Salem family, Mrs Andrews Gave rosella a hug as she happily accepted it