23|| Twenty-Three

A/N
There's going to be some drama and sensitive topics in this story so be prepared for that, and in this I'm making River the bad guy and billy the good guy so hope that sounds good 😂😂

Oh and enjoy the long chapter

_______

Chapter twenty-three : troubling society

"𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝓇𝒾𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝒸𝒾ℯ"

__**••**__

A WEEK HAS PASSED and Lacie was putting the finishing touches on the nursery. She has decided the name Ophelia Hazel Thomas for the baby as everyone loved it, even her parents.

Peter and rosella were helping Lacie with the preparations, here and there the girls or Jane would help with the preparations, sometimes billy and Gilbert. but she wanted her parents to help her.

"I can't believe my grand baby is coming any time now," gushed rosella as she was helping Lacie fold the baby clothes, Lacie laughed

"I know who would thought I would be a widowed mother at the age of 16," said Lacie "man time does fly by,"

"Yea I'm just glad your married or else it would be a scandal around town,"

"Yea I guess that's why everyone not making a big deal about it,"

"Yea anyway how's things going between you and billy?" Asked rosella "you two seem to be hanging out more often then you two used to,"

"Everything's good, we have decided that when the times right we'll talk about marriage," said Lacie

"Well that's good, if I was you I would wait till Ophelia was older then it wouldn't be as complicated," said rosella as she looked at her daughter "perhaps I didn't tell you, I was a teen mom at your age to,"

"Wait you had LeAnn when you were my age?" Asked Lacie as she was shocked

"Yep but we were a little older then 16 though,"

After rosella said that LeAnn walked through the door.

"Lacie there's someone at the front door for you," said LeAnn as she helped rosella with the baby clothes, Lacie looked confused at her sister before getting up.

__**••**__

What Lacie didn't know was that River was planning on proposing to Lacie and then eloping with her.