𝟏 ༊*·˚

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

She won't cut me free of her Vanilla Curls

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽
The sun hadn't even risen, yet y/n was awake, vaguely wondering through the forest. Soft breezes caressed their exposed skin and the dim moonlight rested on their face. Whilst they seemed to be alone, their mind was set and primed to strike. Their posture straight and unyielding. Previous fights had led them to always be prepared. A lesson they learned through cuts and blood. Multiple scars wreathed down their torso, some they gained from fighting wild animals and others from combats.

An old yet visible scar adorned their right cheek, that one they had won on a respectful duel with a well known prince from the Zephyr kingdom. No grudges had been held since then, dare to say they had grown to be close friends. Needless to mention, both kingdoms agreed on an alliance long before.

The Zephyr Kingdom had 3 valorous princes and a well righteous king.
The king, Phil, had kind blue eyes and ravishing blond hair.
The eldest, Techno, had given y/n the scar. He had pink hair, always braided. And often wore his signature white tunic and famous black trousers.
Wilbur, the middle son. Wasn't the best with the sword, but was great at dialoguing.
Tommy, the youngest. Whom inherited his father's blue eyes and blond hair. His strongest trait was his willingness.

The first rays of sun started to glint the top of the trees with glow as they widen from the crest. It were moments like these when y/n wished to just stop time. They felt awakened by the sight. A gentle rush that simmered inside them. The same rush they lived for. Soon enough the sunlight reached their eyes, causing them to glow with reason.

Unfortunately they didn't have any more time to spend in wanderlust of the forest, for that they had matters to attend to. Like training the new recruits and do their own training. Moreover, they could go attend their horse on the stables, take them for a ride even.

The morning light started to reflect onto their silver armor. And their boots left a trace on the dirt, as they made their way back to the kingdom. Y/n kept their pace until some stargazer lilies that sat still under a tree caught their eye.
Oddly enough, a certain name replayed on their head. Giving into temptation, they decided to grab the flowers and stowed them in a leather backpack they wore.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ Back in the training field ☽
"Y/n!"
They heard a well familiar voice call.

Lifting her chin, they met with Hannah. Another knight, she was quick on her feet and clever. Y/n admired the way she would always speak her mind and not let anyone shadow her. Her green eyes looked like the depths of calming forests. Some strands of her curly brown hair played freely above her eyes.

They had known each other for almost all their lives. Y/n remembered the simpler times when they would sneak out and roam around the rose field.
Hannah would often do rose crowns, not minding the marks horns would leave on her soft skin.
But as years went by, the flower field turned into a memory as they would no longer go.

"The new recruits are waiting"
She leaned her head to the side where new faces stood. There weren't more than just a few people, some seemed to be her age and others younger.

"Thanks Hannah!"
Y/n smiled at the brunette.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ Time Skip ☽
Y/n was making their way back from the stables, somewhat tired. Still, they wanted to make one last stop on the castle.

Their steps echoed through the halls on the marble floor as they would wave at some other guards and maids that occasionally walked by.

Their heart picked up a faster pace as they got closer to the room their head would often come back to in daydreams. Their cheeks tinted pink and felt warmer. Hands gripping the leather backpack that contained the lilies they collected in the early morning.

It was amusing how they could fight multiple bandits and other knights, but couldn't bring themselves to knock the door. Something y/n had done at least a hundred times before.
After long time consideration, y/n knocked the wooden tall door.

Not even seconds later the door opened and revealed the blond princess. She wore a beautiful light blue dress, not too formal yet still expensive looking. Her hair was perfectly braided to a side, some blue Brunnera flowers sticking out of it.

"Oh hi y/n!"
The princess said happy to see the knight.

"Uh Niki, hi, I wanted to give you these.."
Y/n said while looking through their backpack. They softly grabbed the lilies from a separate side pocket it had.

"Here"
Y/n smiled handing her the flowers. They remembered that Niki had mentioned that she was missing some for her flower collection.

"Thanks! Oh I actually wanted to show you other stuff- if you have time"
The princess interrupted herself.
"Of course I have time"
The knight reassured her with a soft smile.
And with that they spent the afternoon sharing interests and admiring the sunset.
They were each other's escape from reality.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

Hope you like it so far, and thanks for taking time to check this story out.
Lyrics at the top from Vanilla curls by Teddy Hyde
Don't forget to drink water and eat.
:)