𝟏𝟔 ༉‧₊˚.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'But you bring me
back to life'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

The muffled sound of the orchestra blended with the laughs of people. Every guest wearing jewelry and a mask.

The room looked like drops of gold had lightened the place. The light reflected on people's earrings and rings creating a scant glimmer. Niki grew to be more comfortable on the place, specially with Will making constant jokes to her side.

Guests started to pair up to dance.

"May I have this dance?"
Will smiled down at the princess and offered his hand, his brown curls playing loosely on his forehead.

Niki returned the smile and held his hand.
"You may"
She replied.

As he led Niki to where more guests swayed to the music, he smiled brightly.

"What is it with you?"
Niki giggled seeing her best friend so content.

"Can't I just be happy?"
He answered with another question as he twirled her.

"There's definitely something up with you! I can tell!"
Niki smiled up at him.

Wilbur simply rolled his eyes as he twirled the princess once again.

"Y/n told me about your little plan"
He smugly grinned down at her.

Niki stared at him, immediately knowing what plan he was referring to.
She stayed quiet in hopes Will would say something else. Which he did.

"I am, of course, helping. I'll be taking you to the entrance without being noticed. There, Techno will be waiting with y/n"
He smiled gently at her. He really valued their friendship and would do anything he could to help them.

"Thanks Will"
Niki returned the smile just as sincere as his.

With that, both kept dancing to the sound of the orchestra while sharing jokes and trying to guess other guest's names.

Niki and Will then exchanged partners.
The princess was encountered with someone who wore purple and had a clock slightly peeking out of a pocket.

The person simply smiled down at her.

"I don't think I've seen you before"
Niki had a puzzled look.