𝟓 ༊*·˚

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'Cause darling, you're the one'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

Y/n walked to the part of the forest where the soft wind whispered a loner's lullaby. So sincere and gentle.

As they carefully settled the blanket on the grass where they planned to sit next to her, a part of their soul ached with the thought of her eyes and her eyes only.

And like rain, every first started to pour into puddles of memories and flashbacks.

Their first glance at each other. Where the king was giving a speech while she stood to his side, eyes drifting to the tall windows while her mind drifted to daydreams. The knight could not help themselves but to stare admiringly, taking in every detail and how the sun showered her face with glimmers of gold. Abruptly startling when her stare met theirs. And since that first glance, they hadn't stopped drowning in those eyes.

Then it came their first exchange of words, when the princess had accompanied her father to the training field.
"You have pretty eyes"
She had softly said and their heart had skipped a beat. She had noticed their eyes too...
"You have beautiful blue ones"
They whispered, their voice cracking. For that it had taken all the courage they have had right then to admit.

After those words, it was the first hints of blush that tinted both of their faces.

Then the first time the knight made her laugh. It was carved into their brain, how could it not be? It is the sweetest and softest melody.
The sound of her laugh could be perceived as an angels' song.

And the first flowers they had ever gifted her. Purple lilacs.
She had almost teared up while whispering appreciation.
It had warmed their heart, just enough for a line to repeat in their mind.
'I want to gift her more'
So they did.

Abruptly, they came back to reality. Inspecting the small section they prepared for the night. It was simple, only consisting of a white blanket with lanterns over it so it wouldn't fly away along with the wind. Then there was a small picnic basket that contained pastries.

They softly let a breath out, preparing themselves to go meet Niki at the entrance.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ time skip ☽

Y/n walked where the blond awaited.
She was standing there patiently, a hood over her head to hide her from guards. Not that it really mattered since only a few were present. Not because the guarding was mediocre but simply because the Aurora kingdom was well known for being a safe and peaceful place.

They sneaked to her back, faintly grabbing her shoulders from behind.
The sudden movement caused the princess to ever so slightly jump and gasp.

She turned to immediately meet a so well recognized face. Their noses softly brushing while their cheeks painted with pink fluster ghosted each other.

"Princess"
They murmured, not breaking eye contact. Not that they were capable of anyway.

"Y/n"
She breathed out. Her stare studying deeply their soul, or at least that's how it felt like.

"Fancy meeting you here"
They grinned, well aware of the bare existing space between them.

But she did not respond, instead she simply kept staring. The pale moon light creating a scant glimmer in her face.

"Uh- shall we?"
They stuttered and offered their arm for escort, losing previous confidence. It was oddly harder to maintain their posture around her.

"We shall"
She said, staring lovingly at the sudden rattle. She then intertwined her arm with theirs.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ time skip ☽

By the time they both had made it to where the blanket sat along with the lanterns, y/n's heart started racing up.

A million doubts poisoning their mind.
'Will she like it?'
'What if she thinks I'm weird?'
'Maybe she didn't even want to come'

All of this was interrupted by a tender pair of arms embracing them. Her face was buried to the crook of their neck. The scent of vanilla from her hair reached their nose. Ethereal.

"Thank you, y/n"
She whispered, her embrace tightening a little more.

"No problem..."
The whispered back returning the hug.

They both stood in the middle of the forest under the stars' glimmer holding each other.
Her soft touch somehow healed the hurt parts of their soul.
And their protective touch, calmed the storm of her mind.

Hesitantly, both pulled apart from the hug and shared glances.
Y/n guided her to sit in the blanket.

The next few hours were spent in complete calm and mutual caring.
Almost as if they were in heaven next to each other.

"How do you know this place?"
Niki asked them as she placed the empty picnic basket aside.

"I first came when I was too overwhelmed to be surrounded by people"
They answered, eyes still fixated on the starts from above.

Niki was now admiring every faint movement they would make.
Then as the flat moonlight reached the knight's eyes, she could've sworn she saw home in their orbs.

The blush of the princess went unnoticed by the oblivious knight who still star gazed.

"I even considered running away"
They chuckled, their stare never leaving the constellations.

"Oh..."
The princess murmured. Barely audible for y/n to hear.
Her heart ached just enough for disappointment to replace her previous happiness.

"Why didn't you?"
She asked, coldly.

"Because I found pink gladiolus that reminded me of you"
They finally turned their head to where she sat.
"A- and i wasn't really going to.. it was just a thought"

"Would you ever truly run away? Leave it all behind and possibly start a new life?"
The princess asked, intensely staring into their eyes.

"I could see that as a possibility, yes.
Only if you came along, of course"
They stared back.
Their eyes traveling from her sight to her rosy lips.
Realizing that she was still watching them, their sight rapidly went back to the dark sky painted with glister.

"I think the same..."
She smiled, eyes turning to where starts shinned.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

A/N
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STILL READING THIS
ALSO THANKS FOR THE VOTES :,)
I RLLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU :""")
GO EAT SOMETHING IF YOU HAVENT YET.
I LOVE YOU
<3
Lyrics at the top from 'I want to be with you' by Chloe Moriondo.
I rlly recommend her music.