𝟐 ༉‧₊˚.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

You occupy every one of my dreams

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽
Last night events replayed on y/n's head like a song you can't seem to get enough of. Done this time and time again, it didn't grew older for either of them. Niki had told them all about her favorite plants, and y/n listened to every word.
It became a pastime for the knight to visit her and every so often bring flowers with them.

As y/n made their way back into the forest the next day like every other early morning, their mind was set in finding some white freesias. They recalled Niki going on how pretty they were.
Thus not remembering to have encountered some of these flowers before, y/n had woken up earlier than other times in hope to find some further in the forest.

As they kept walking and wondering through the mist that covered the forest, they admired flowers they had already gifted to the princess. Every color brought back a memory and smiles. It was almost surreal for the knight to have met a kind soul like hers.

As they searched under trees and between bushes certain thoughts would flood their mind.

They remembered the first time they brought Niki a violet.
They remembered how her eyes glimmered with glee. How her lips tugged into the most gorgeous smile they had seen by far. And how her soft voice happily thanked them at least a thousand times.
Without noticing, a light pink tinted their cheeks.

When they passed by a group of foamflowers, they remembered the time they had given those to Niki as an apology when they got awfully injured. The knight had previously meandered too far in the forest and some bandits came from deep of the trees. Y/n had really put to test their luck there. Although it were just 3 men, it still took them by surprise.
They could still hear the princess complaints as she treated the knight's cuts.
"Y/n, you have to be more careful!"
"I'm fine- agh"
Then again not only did the fight pained them, but the alcohol used to clean the injuries, got them whining too.
They softly chuckled at the memory.

At last, white petals softly followed the forest's breeze. Y/n smiled as they got on the dirt to reach and grab the white freesias. It oddly reminded them of Niki.

They settled them gently on the side pocket of their leather backpack.
The sun started to rise to then lay on the highest leafs of the trees.
The way the yellow sun rays would gleam on the green leaves never ceased to amaze y/n.
The sun light dazzled in their eyes, making them look back to the dirt and walking back to the kingdom.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ At the castle ☽
Once again y/n walked through the hallways of the castle. These consisted of beautiful white pillars with gold details supporting the roof and a soft beige marble floor, it was so clean the knight could see their own reflection on it.

Strangely enough, there weren't many people passing around. The castle usually consisted of busy staff always walking from one place to another.

Their steps echoed more than usual due to the absence of people.
They tried to remember if there was some sort of occasion or holiday. Their head swam deep in thoughts with the mere purpose of attaining to be less clueless.

"Y/n?"
They recognized the voice instantly.

They spun around finding Niki a little behind. That's when they noticed they might had walked more than needed. Which was justified by previous attempts to figure out why there weren't as many people as usual.

"Niki hi, where's everyone?"
They asked walking in Niki's room direction.

Niki gave them a confused stare accompanied with a soft laugh.
"Y/n they cooks are busy preparing the feast for the next ball and the maids are getting everything together... did you forgot about the ball, y/n?"

Y/n's eyes widened at the state.
They indeed forgot about the ball.
"Pff no, of course I know about the ball."
They said more to themselves than to the girl next to them, causing Niki to giggle. That was the very same giggle that never failed to awake a million butterflies on y/n's inside.

"The next days it will be very busy tho.."
The princess said studying the empty hall. Soon enough a smirk curled up into her rosy lips.

"Might as well make the most of the free space"
She said, looking to y/n who was scanning the halls.

"We are thinking the same thing, aren't we?"
The knight chuckled.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

Not long after their short conversation, they were sliding through the broad hallways on their socks. Laughs filling the once empty area.

All they could think of was that moment. Not worrying about anything else but each other.

The princess didn't seem to bat an eye for the royal stuff that was piled up on her desk.

The knight forgot they had training to do on the field and other duties left.

Somehow none of that mattered at the moment. And for a few hours everything felt alright.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

Thanks for reading :D
Don't forget to take care of yourself, you matter <3
Lyrics at the top from Luv note by Chloe Moriondo