𝟔 ༉‧₊˚.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'Living in a dream,
when I'm with you'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

Both still laid under the night sky.
Y/n couldn't think of anyone else they would prefer stargaze with, and they didn't want to think about it. They had her by their side and that's what mattered. With her, life seemed more confusing but in a beautiful way.

They felt Niki slightly shift to interwind her fingers with theirs, unconsciously they held tighter into her soft hand.
Then they heard her sigh with noticeable frustration.

Their heart skipped a beat in worries they had done something wrong.

"Are you alright?"
They whispered, turning their head to see her.

"Yeah Sorry, just a little stressed about the ball"
She chuckled trying to cover up the nervousness of her voice.

"Want to talk about it?"
They asked, the last thing they wanted was to push Niki into saying anything she didn't want to.

"I just feel a little pressured... don't get me wrong I love my parents but sometimes I feel all they talk about is me finding a partner"
She exhaled as she studied the night sky, as if she envied the stars.

Y/n didn't know what to say then.
A partner... for niki...
Thats when they started feeling the moths replacing the butterflies. Uninvited moths.

Then they felt distressed. Her breathing deepen with tiredness, and they were awake, mind swarming.

If Niki found a partner... then what?
Would they still be able to spend as much time together?

Their head started to hurt. It felt as if a thousand of waves crashed repeatedly. The tide only growing.

"They expect me to get closer to someone on the ball"
She kept her deep stare on the stars. Her eyes glimmered with temptation.
Right then, y/n thought that she wanted to burn the stars with her gaze.

"Or we could ditch..."
They said, not sure of what they were expecting the conversation to lead to.

But she laughed. They made her laugh. 

"I wish I could. But I have duties, though I would much rather like spend time with you"
And as the words escaped her thoughts, her gaze on the stars softened.

Her reassurances were the best song, but still doubt crept in.

What if Niki found someone?
What if she fell in love with that person?
What if they fell apart?
But why did they cared so much?

"Has anyone made you turn around twice?"
They asked turning their stare to the sky. They couldn't handle look at her any longer while talking about this, it ached their heart.

Still without looking at her, they could feel her smiling. And it teared their soul a little.

"There has been someone, yes"
She inhaled.

Someone.

"oh"
They exhaled.

"What are they like?"
Y/n asked although they knew that hearing her describe the person would only hurt more.

"Their eyes... their eyes are so pretty"
The smile on her face only grew.
The jealousy in their soul only grew.

"They made love seem more confusing but in a beautiful way"
She daydreamed.

"They are the sweetest feeling I have felt by far"
She closed her eyes with a smile that could kill y/n in a heartbeat. And they would let it 

"But it's pathetic how I have faith for us, they probably don't see me that way"
She whispered and her smile began to fade along with the stars.

The glimmer she once had on her eyes started to vanish.

"Have they say that?"
Y/n asked, eyes focused on her.

"Well no-"
Niki tried explaining to no avail as she was interrupted.

"You are worth everything okay? And even if a stupid person didn't return those feelings you would still be the breathtaking person you are right now"
They said. Their tone stronger than they intended it to be.

"You're like spring wrapped in flesh"
They continued their rant. Their heart beating so fast as it usually did. Their face warm as it usually was. And all because of her.

"You're beautiful and your mind is like a million flowers blooming with every gleam of sun your eyes admire"
They sighed debating if they regretted pouring out their feelings like that.

As for the princess. She stared in complete shock, wanting to say something back, searching for the right words.

But nothing came to mind.
So she took their hand close to her lips and planted a soft kiss to then study how the sun started to glow from behind the trees.

The moon was slowly fading as the sky became a clearer palette.

The sunrise had never been more beautiful.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

A/n
THANKS SO MUCH FOR 800+ reads.
WHAT
ALSO THANKS FOR THE VOTES
I REALLY APPRECIATE IT
also sorry for slow updates
For anyone who needs to hear it,
You're worth it
FRIENDLY REMINDER TO DRINK WATER
Lyrics at the top from Dream girl by Crisaunt