𝟏𝟐 ༉‧₊˚.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'Promise that you'll
stay here'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

Days had passed and the ball was near. Niki didn't feel stressed about it anymore, she had y/n and that's what mattered the most to her.

The princess had woken up and from multiple previous restless nights she had finally slept well. None of her muscles hurt and her eyelids didn't felt so heavy.

She started to get ready by brushing her hair and getting dressed.
She passed her hand through the dress' silk to fix a few wrinkles.

She stared at herself in the mirror trying to find if a strand of hair was out of place or if she hadn't fixed her dress enough, but it all looked alright.
She smiled at her reflection, a genuine smile, knowing a certain knight would be waiting for her to hang out again.
It felt like the start of endless happiness.

She walked out of her room.
On her way to the throne room where her parents were waiting for her, she smiled at passing cooks and maids.

The halls were next to perfect. Every inch of the marble floor was so clean and so were the walls.
The princess' smile only grew. Since the moment she went to sleep and woke up everything felt perfect.

She entered the throne room.
Her parents seemed a little too serious, at least for how she felt.
While she could feel butterflies at the thought of the knight and everything on the castle looked beautiful, the queen and king didn't match the mood, not at all.

Niki decided to excuse the thought off by coming up with different conclusions such as how tired they must be for the whole ball preparation or maybe they didn't get enough sleep as she did. Something minor that couldn't possibly ruin her day.

"Hello Niki, we need to talk"
Her mother said.

"Well yes dear, she knows that, we called her"
The king stated the obvious.

The princess heart started going a little bit faster, just not enough to feel stressed.

"Your father and I discussed that it was for the best for us to find you a partner since you wouldn't bother to"
Her mother softly said.

Niki started at them in disbelief.
Since you wouldn't bother to.
What was that supposed to mean? She had tried to find someone, but talking to those who she met on other balls more kingdoms had held didn't feel right. None of them could make her blush the way y/n did. She found y/n. She didn't need whoever her parents had found for her. Of course she didn't meant that as an insult but she didn't have the necessity to meet this person.

"Eret, The monarch of the Venus Dynasty"

The princess wrinkled up her nose bridge. Eret? One of her closest friends who she had no intention the relationship to advance into something more other than friends.

"It will be amazing, honey think about it. The Venus dynasty is a strong ally. And for you to marry the monarch will be perfect."
Her mother said. A little desperate.

Perfect..
The words repeated on her head.
Her day was perfect until they brought up how they had went behind her back to force her into an unwanted marriage.

"Is that all?"
Niki asked staring at the floor.
She didn't want them to notice the fresh tears that started to appear on her eyes.

"So you are okay with it?"
Her father asked.

Niki didn't say anything.
The news had been said so abruptly.
It was so overwhelming.
She needed to breathe.
She needed y/n.

"Yes"
Her voice cracked and she immediately walked out of the room in hopes to find y/n.

It was difficult to walk through the crowd of people. She maintained her head low not wanting anyone to see her cry. Her sight was blurry due to the tears. Maids and cooks turned into mere blurry colors. She just wanted to get out.

Niki finally reached the door and went out instantly meeting with fresh air. But it was yet not enough. She still needed y/n. That was her major concern right now.

She walked fast to the training field knowing y/n would be there with techno.

She heard a familiar laugh. The laugh she fell for.

She looked up to see y/n swinging a sword and doing tricks so effortlessly.

"Oh hey Niki-"
The knight greeted while putting their sword down but her sudden arms that wrapped them on a loving embrace caught them off guard. Her head was deep buried under their chin.

"I'll leave"
Techno said before grabbing his sword and leaving the two.

It was then y/n heard the muffled cries of the princess.

"Hey it's okay, I'm here, don't worry"
The knight whispered reassurances trying to calm her down. They hated seeing the princess like this, and they would do anything to help her find hope and calm again. Anything.

"My parents, they-"
Niki broke into more cries.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"
The knight asked tightening their embrace on her on a protective manner.

They felt her nod against their chest.

The knight let go of the hug and stared into her red face with fresh tears streaming down. They furrowed their eyebrows and caressed her cheek with their thumb to clean a tear.
Then they took her hand and guided her to the forest, the part where they have had the Picnic.
On their way there the knight kept whispering reassurances and holding her close to them.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

A/N
Oh oh Niki on an arranged marriage, what will she do?
anyways
HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING.
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.
YOU MATTER SO MUCH, OK?
YOU MATTER SO FUCKING MUCH.
GO DRINK SOME WATER.
Lyrics at the top from 'Corduroy Dreams' by Rex Orange County.
I'll be updating more these days.
:D
🤍