𝟏𝟎 ༉‧₊˚.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

'If you feel lonely
I could be lonely with you'

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

After Wilbur and y/n had chased Tommy until he gave up, they decided to sit down where they left the chasing off.

They now sat under a tree while Tommy walked nearby kicking rocks.

"So will you be attending the masquerade?"
Wilbur asked the knight that sat beside him. His voice hinted he was genuinely interested on their answer but his eyes wandered from trees to clouds, trying to figure something out of it.

"I'll be at the entrance to make sure no one that wasn't invited gets in and lays a finger in your precious royal hair,"
They answered trying to search what the prince found so interesting on the scenery before them. For the knight it was the same palettes of green shades and blue skies, nothing more that they hadn't seen.

"Thanks, I wouldn't want someone touching my hair"
Wilbur chuckled still looking deep into the scene.

"Wilbuuuur!"
Tommy dragged his words as he played with a stick he found lying under bushes.

"What do you want now child?"
He turned his gaze to Tommy, his tone seemed as if he was ready to hit him with the stick but the look on his face was unbothered.

"Can we head back?"
The blond prince asked throwing the stick elsewhere.

Wilbur sighed while standing up and offering his hand for the knight to get up too.

"Yes we may tommy"
Wilbur spoke softly while helping the knight up.

Before going any further, y/n picked up some of the lilies they had seen. Maybe she would like them.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ Time skip ☽

The trio had made their way back.
Tommy and Wilbur went to the guest rooms that had been settled and the knight headed to the princess' room.

"Night y/n"
They heard Wilbur yawn as he got in the room. They smiled at him and left.

It was when they were finally alone that they realized they had confessed to Niki they liked her. They said it. They had said it.

Y/n kept walking but felt like they froze inside. Their heart was beating so fast they just wanted to rip it off, the sound of it seemed to be so loud they were scared she would be able to feel it. They were scared she would feel it.

They stopped in front of the door.

Their heart and mind seemed to also stop.

Everything did. Everything seemed to stop.

If they knocked she would open.

she...
She
She.

She as in the girl that was so easy to love that it frighten them.

She as in the one they shared their heart with.

She as in someone they wanted to meet and fall for in their next life and the next after that, and every next that followed.

Their fist met the wooden door. The knock was so quiet they feared they had to do it again. But it seemed enough when instead of a wooden door they were met with her. Her.

A breath escaped their lips, one they didn't know they were holding.

"hi"
They said, not even whispered as it was even softer than a whisper.

"Hi"
Her voice cracked as if words were tripping and fighting to roll out of her tongue.

Their eyes held this stare, which was so gentle and no matter how fragile the gaze appeared, it felt unbreakable.

Their hand reached to give her the lilies. Her hand brushed theirs and took the flowers. This was rather awkward but still genuine.

"You want to see my dress for the ball?"
She asked, her eyes still deeply focused on theirs.

They simply nodded.

The scene was so awkward and tense.
Y/n was trying to come up with a joke to lighten up the mood but her mind was swarming of doubts and thoughts.

They stepped in her room and looked at the gown that posed at a corner of the room. It was beautiful.
A soft shade of pink traveled all the way down accompanied with a few flowers that adorned the top and traveled a small distance to the waist. It seemed fitting for the princess.

"Told you"
They say out of nowhere admiring the flowers that covered the top.

"Hm?"
Niki hummed staring at them as they kept a soft gaze on the dress.

"You're like spring wrapped in flesh"
They said remembering how both of them had stayed up until the moon's glimmer turned into a shower of gold from the sun.

"Y/n, I like you too"
She said in a heartbeat.

⊰ ♛ ⊱

A/N
haha cliffhanger.
Also I have finals soon so there probably won't be an update next week. Sorry about that but gotta keep them decent grades.
Also please take care of yourself
Your feelings are valid 🤍
ALSO THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS. HOLYY
It genuinely makes me so happy and glad you're enjoying the book.
Lyrics at the top from "Sports" by beach bunny.
FRIENDLY REMINDER TO DRINK WATER AND EAT.