𝟏𝟓 ༊*·˚

⊰ ♛ ⊱

⊰ ♛ ⊱

''Cause everything you do
I adore

⊰ ♛ ⊱

☾ 3rd pov ☽

Niki and y/n laid on the grass, their shoulders touching lightly and their hands intertwined. A blue sky hovered them while they tried to figure out figures of clouds passing by.

'That one looks like a cat!"
Niki pointed up, a smile on her face.

Y/n didn't bother to see the cloud, they were softly staring at her and how her face lightened up with every cloud she labeled.

'Oh! Look, that one looks like a heart!'
Her smile only brightened up more and her eyes glinted with pure happiness.

The knight's smile only grew too, they didn't even noticed how each passing second it grew.

Words could not describe this moment.
But both knew they longed for more moments like this one. More afternoons spent laying on fields, observing clouds, observing each other, pink blush and blue skies.

The clouds slowly started to turn gray alongside the sky.

'Looks like it's going to rain'
Y/n said, furrowing at the change of clear shades to grayer ones. The knight stood up and held a hand out for Niki.

As Niki reached out for it and their fingers touched slightly, y/n vanished into thin air.
Niki sat there astonished. Widened eyes and her lips slightly apart.
She looked around frantically not knowing what happened.
Then as she was looking around, she saw y/n. Further. Their image looking like it was going to melt  into a puddle along with the rain.
'Niki, aren't you coming?'
She heard them ask.
But she didn't have the chance to answer, y/n dissolved once again...

Niki couldn't figure out if the water drops streaming down her cheeks were the sky's cries or her own. It blurred her sight and the image once beautiful turned into a stain.
As she tried screaming for y/n, it felt like she lost her voice, like roses were growing on her throat and thorns didn't allow her to speak.

'Princess!'
A voice reached out.

'Princess?'
It kept trying to reach out.

'Niki?!'
It did.

Niki sat up and found herself gripping the sheets of her bed. The material wrinkling on her fists. Her once blurry vision was now just small tears forming on her eyes.