• XVIII •

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

'The Aztec hypothesis'

In which she doesn't want a bite

"I suppose having Halloween cancelled this year actually worked out in our favour" Peter suggests before he takes a bite from his cream cake and looks around the table at the rest of us

"Well considering there is a murderer on the loose. Dumbledore made the right decision" I replied with a soft sigh.

James and Sirius were shovelling food into their mouths, knowing they would most likely miss breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Both boys never stopped eating and I'm sure this time of the month was the worst as they had to go a full 12 or more hours without something in their stomachs.

Remus was resting his head on the table. He had somehow dragged himself out of bed and down to the great hall with the help of the boys. The minute I saw him being practically carried into the hall; I scolded him.

"Well Ravenclaw is apparently having a party in their common room but seeing as my boys will be preoccupied, I probably won't go" I shrug and bring my cup of tea up to my lips.

"Are the girls going?" James asked curiously and slung his right arm over my shoulder, effectively pulling me closer into his side.

"I know Marlene is, something about needing a shag. Not sure about Mary and Lily" I hum and lean against James comfortably. After our little tryst last night, James had been especially touchy and I wasn't by any means complaining. In fact I was loving the extra affection James was giving me. Even if he already gave me enough before last night.

"Of course Marlene is going" Sirius scoffed and rolled his eyes. His grey eyes darted down the table to the blonde haired girl who laughed loudly at something Gideon Prewett had said.