• IV •

CHAPTER FOUR

The Black eviction

"In which she comforts the lost boy"

•

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tick

My cerulean eyes burned into the clock on the Far west wall of the transfiguration classroom. The sound echoing through the room and was what ultimately was going to drive me to insanity.

"Fawny baby? Why are you glaring at an inanimate object?" Lily whispered quietly to me from her place beside me.

"James and Sirius hasn't come to class yet? Where do you think they are?" I whispered back fearfully. The anxiety was eating away at me. If they were getting into trouble, I was going to kill them.

"Probably getting detention from Slughorn" Lily scoffs and tilts the blue quill she held in her hand to the side as she set it back down onto the oak desk.

"Or already in detention" she finishes with a hard stare and a tight lipped smile of her own. Her words to me were not comforting and her look did not seem to ease my mood.

Funnily enough

My eyes drifted from the strawberry blonde next to me. I turned in my seat, catching the amber eyes of Remus who tilted his head to the side at my stare and sent me a sweet smile.

"Hey" he whispered with the same smile before it faded and he frowned. He leaned forward on his desk and closer towards me, his eyes drifting from my figure for half a second to look at Minnie before coming back at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly and gripped his hands to the top of his desk to pull himself closer to me.

"Where's the boys?" I asked and glanced back at the heavy wooden door that didn't open and reveal my best friends. Instead it stayed closed and fed my anxiety.