• II •

CHAPTER TWO

The prefects

"In which James Potter needs his bit"

•

The train ride was filled with giggles and treat after treats being pushed onto my lap by James. He sat beside me through the entirety of the ride. Telling me about his summer and how he would loan me his original 'Please please me' record. When the time came where I had to leave with Remus for our prefect meeting, James pouted and shook his head mumbling about how 'I was leaving him'.

I hated leaving someone when they were upset. But James was quick to reassure me that he would be fine with Sirius and Peter. Whatever trouble they were planning I sure as Merlin wasn't going to involve myself.

I've already made that mistake

"Fuck- no angel. I was only having a laugh! I'll be grand without you babydoll. Actually I'm not fine without you- but I'll be grand while you're gone for a hour! You go to your meeting and I'll get changed yeah?" James had asked breathlessly and a bit rushed as he ran his hand through his messy ink black hair.

His circular glasses ashrew and his hazel eyes alive with concern and panic. His hands had grasped my own and he gave me a reassuring smile.

As long as he wasn't upset.

Unfortunately the prefect meeting turned out to be boring and not even Remus's funny remarks could make it entertaining.

I would have much rather stayed in the compartment with James.

James Potter was a mystery to me. He was my friend among anything else and I cherished him just like the rest of my boys. But he was also incredibly caring and loving. The sweet little nicknames did nothing but make me blush.