• VII •

CHAPTER SEVEN

"The Tapping "

"In which she discovers"

•

Marlene had a tendency to kick in her sleep. Not only did she kick in her sleep, she also took up the entire floor. How? I'll never understand for such a small and petite girl such as herself.

I unfortunately got stuck with the spot nearest the girl who had a kick that could bruise. My eyes drifted to the window in between both Lily and I's bed. The curtains were pulled but there was still a sliver of moonlight that escaped into the room. The light was weak but told me that it couldn't be past 3am.

A grunt escaped my lips and my head shot to the right to send a half assed glare to Marlene who choked back a snore and rolled over. How Sirius put up with that all summer I'll never know.

I flickered my eyes back to the window. My thoughts drifted and suddenly before I could stop myself, I was thinking about James. He was extremely dominant tonight. I didn't know he was like that or that he was into the kind of stuff I was.

Maybe he wasn't? Maybe he didn't realise the kind of effect those simple words had over me? Maybe it was just the heat of the moment and his expressive worry over me that drove him to speak to me that way.

Either way I had come to the conclusion that when he spoke to me like that, I swooned. I wanted to kneel down in front of him and willingly give him my submission. But of course I couldn't. James was my friend and I didn't want anything to ruin the strong connection both of us had with the other.

But as I thought about what kind of dynamic James and I would have together, as more than friends. I felt my heartbeat quicken and my bottom lip take refugee between my teeth. I didn't fancy James. I couldn't fancy James. I had never looked at him that kind of way and I certainly wasn't going to allow myself to now. Just because he spoke two dominant words to me.