•• XXV ••

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

'The anonymous lover theory'

'In which he'll be in the exact same position in a couple of years' 

•

Christmas Eve. Filled with merry songs, never ending hours and children's excitement. Yet this Christmas I felt isolated, alone. I had decided to spend the rest of the Christmas holidays with Lily. Her parents being kind enough to make room for me.

Because apparently mine couldn't

I hadn't seen James in four days. Not since he disappeared into the cold night and left me regretting the drunken words that stumbled from my lips. I had had the time to think over what I said and although what I said I meant, I wish I had phrased it differently and properly explained to James how I was feeling. We hadn't spoken, Sirius and Remus being the ones to bring my stuff over to Lily's. If there was one thing I was grateful for this holiday season it was Lily Evans and Marlene McKinnon. Neither girls had left my side since the night we all got drunk.

We had gotten drunk twice more since that night

Marlene only left Lily's yesterday so she could spend Christmas with her family and because Lily's parents and sister had gotten back from Lily's aunts house this morning.

"So Fawn! Tell us all about Hogwarts! We've heard Lily's version of the story but I always love to hear someone else's views. Especially yours since you're what they call a pureblood right?" Lily's mum was a stunning 5'6 petite woman. She had Lily's strawberry lochs and her calm nature. Her eyes though were a baby blue instead of the forest green of my best friends. If not for the different eye colours you would think Lily and her mum were twins.

"I think the word I would use to describe it would be 'magical' Mrs Evans" I smiled over the rim of my mug of tea and then proceeded to take a sip of the Yorkshire brew.