• XXII •

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

'Gabriel'

'In which parting is such sweet sorrow'

"Ok! On the count of three everyone say 'Fawn got railed in the bathroom!'" Marlene shouts as she holds up her Polaroid in front of our small group

"Does everyone know about that?!" I whined with a roll of my eyes and sent a half arsed smile to a elderly wizard who was glaring at us. I suppose Marlene probably shouldn't have shouted that in the middle of Diagon Alley.

In front of other people

"Oh for Merlin's sake Marlene! We're in public" Lily scolded but I could see the twinge of a smirk that pulled at her lips.

"Or just pose!" I hum after elbowing the red haired Evans girl in her side.

"Come on girls! This is gonna be on the common room pin board!" Marlene grinned and tilted the camera higher. I rolled my eyes jokingly but none the less I perched myself over Marlene's right shoulder as Lily did the same on her left.

The flash went off before the picture slid out the bottom of the muggle camera. I pushed myself away from Marlene and glanced around the packed shops. Everyone was clearly into the festivities this year as families and children ran along the cobbled path.

"Oh shit! There's Mary. Quick run!" Lily hissed and grabbed both Marlene and I's arms as she pulled us towards the leaky cauldron.

"Oh! Girls!" Mary called from behind us. A irritated sigh leaving all three of our lips before I turned around and sent a fake but bright smile towards the brunette.

"What a coincidence right?" Mary giggled and proceeded to pull me into a surprisingly very tight hug. A hug that I honestly wasn't entirely comfortable with.

"It's diagon alley on Christmas. I'm not exactly a fucking non-racist Black. Now that would be wild" Marlene scoffs and looks down at her freshly painted red nails.