• XX •

CHAPTER TWENTY

'The bathroom'

'In which she explores something new'

November passed within a blink of an eye

November passed within a blink of an eye. The days passing as quickly as the quaffle in a quidditch match. It caught me by surprise when I finally registered it was the day before we left for our Christmas break.

Lily and Remus had me buried in study classes.

James and I were neither moving forward or backwards. Neither of us bringing up where we were in our 'relationship'. I was still distant with him. But after Sirius's party. I couldn't even look at him without being awkward.

"So Christmas at the Potters then?" Lily asks as she folds one of her blouses that I wanted nothing more than to shove into my own trunk.

"Yeah, the boys and I are staying there this year. Obviously with everything happening at home, I don't want to be with biological family" I laugh humourlessly and fold my leather skirt, placing it in my trunk.

"Meeting the boyfriends parents is always a big deal" Mary added from the bathroom, where she was shoving her make up into her small pocket bag.

"I've met them before and he's not my boyfriend!" I scoff with a roll of my eyes and glance away from my half packed trunk to the three girls.

"Yeah but that was just as 'Fawn, James's close friend' now you're 'Fawn James'-"

"Complication" I finish with a sigh and sit on the edge of the bed. Lily shot me a sympathetic look and dropped the pants she was holding. She walked over to my bed and placed her hand on my back, running it up and down in a soothing manner.

"Oh girl, do you want to talk about it?" Marlene asked and leaned against the post of her bed. Her blonde hair was messy but yet she pulled it off so well.

"I don't know what there is to talk about. I've brought the topic of being you know 'official' up twice! And the second time I out-right said I wanted to be his and he just brushed me off. And then of course there's what happened at Sirius' party" I sighed and stood up away from the bed.