BONUS II

A T H E N A

. . .

"I love her," I sigh once I'm home, "but I'm so grateful to have a weekend off mom-duty."

Vincenzo chuckles and puts his phone away, standing up from the couch and walking over towards me.

"Was she crying?" he asks once he's kissed me. I nod. "It was heartbreaking," I whisper.

Mom and dad are in New York for a couple of days, and they didn't want to miss a chance of seeing their first granddaughter.

Aurora has been an angel, and I never would've thought that I was capable of loving another human being with everything I have. Being able to give my life for them without regretting it.

"She'll get over it," he smirks, causing me to playfully slap him. "You're terrible," I giggle as he kisses my cheek.

"Want to go out to dinner tonight?" Vincenzo asks. With a smile, I nod. "I'd love that," I murmur against his lips. He hums and breaks the kiss, sending me a wink.

"Then get ready, dolcezza."

With a little grin, I run up the stairs in our loft and look into the closet. Settling on a red dress that ends right below my ass, I do my make-up and hair.

I straighten my hair and put on the slightest amount of make-up, deciding to go with black heels and gold jewelry

When I peek through the open window of our room and down to the living room, I see Vincenzo waiting in the living room.

He's dressed in a pair of black pants and a white shirt tucked into it. And his hair is ruffled up, just the way I like it. And he knows it. The fucker.

My teeth sink into my lower lip as I eye him.

He looks like a snack. My snack.

With a shy smile, I descend the stairs. Vincenzo's head snaps up when he hears my heels click against the floor, and his eyebrows shoot up in the air once he sees me.

I giggle at the look on his face and walk over to him. "I might skip dinner," he tells me as his hands plant themselves on my waist.

He bites his lip as he gazes down at me. "I have my dessert," he whispers and leans down, planting a kiss on the exposed skin of my neck.

"We have to go," I grin and lean into his embrace. "Why not head to a club instead?" he asks.

I lean back and raise a brow. "Really?" I ask. He nods and brushes my hair away from my face.

"It's been quite a while since we were able to enjoy a wild night," he smirks. "You can dance?" I scoff.

He quickly shuts me up by grabbing both my ass cheeks and softly grinding into me. My leg automatically wraps itself around his hips. "Of course, I can dance," he whispers, his lips touching my ear.