Chapter 27

A T H E N A

"Step up the two of us nobody knows us, get in the car like 'Skrrt'"

° ° °

We're walking towards the parking lot where Vincenzo parked his car when I spot a station not much further. "Vincenzo," I say, and grab his hand. He turns to me with a questioning look in his eyes.

"What, gattina?"

"We could take the train to Naples? I mean, it's easy and fast, and like that we won't get stuck in traffic..." I trail off. "The train?" he asks, disbelief clear in his voice. I roll my eyes. 

"I know, we peasants take the train–the normal people unlike you–but why wouldn't we? It's not like you're going to die if you take a step in a train," I chuckle.

Vincenzo seems to think about it, but nods nonetheless. "You're lucky I love you," he smirks, and kisses me. I blush. "I love you too," I grin, and entwine our fingers.

We start walking towards the station, talking to each other about nothing. We arrive at the station and Vincenzo buys two tickets.

"Excited?" I grin as we walk towards the rails where we're supposed to wait for the train to arrive.

Soon enough, I see the headlights of the train heading our way. "It's here," I say and nudge Vincenzo. "I can see that," is his dry reply.

I roll my eyes, but there's still a smile playing around my lips. The train stops in front of us, and a couple of seconds later the doors open causing us the take a step back so the people can exit the train.

"You're not used to let people go first huh?" I smirk as I hear a sigh coming from beside me.

"No, I'm not," he mutters, and grabs my hand to help me inside the train. We take place in one of the two-seats, and immediately Vincenzo wraps both arms around me and pulls me into his chest. I instantly relax of his touch and let out a content sigh.

"You're going to love Naples," he murmurs into my ear. "I don't doubt that," I smile and lean up to plant a kiss on his lips.

Before we know it, the train takes off. I flutter my eyes up to take another good look at him.

"You're too beautiful for your own good," I mutter. He looks down at me, and smiles. "I should be the one saying that. I'm considering to fuck you right here to show all those men hungrily eying you that you're mine," he whispers back, his voice husky.

I lick my lips at his words and blush a deep red. "You really shouldn't say those things in public," I whisper back. He places his mouth by my ear.

"And sadly, I don't care," he whispers back, his hot breath causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

If it's even possible, I snuggle more into his embrace and sigh in happiness. He keeps planting kisses on top of my head, and rubs his hand up and down my back.

I could fall asleep any moment, and if it wasn't for us arriving at our destination I probably would've dozen off. I'm surprised that the 30-minutes ride has already passed.

Did I really fall asleep?

Reluctantly, I entangle myself from Vincenzo and we both stand up to walk towards the door.

With our hands entwined, we exit the train and are welcomed by the hot sun. "My love for Italy keeps growing," I say as we're walking through the picturesque streets of Naples. "Italy has its charms," Vincenzo says.

By midday, I hear my stomach growl and send a sheepish smile towards Vincenzo. "Hungry?" he smiles. I nod.

"Alright, come with me. I know the best spot to eat a pizza," he says, and starts dragging me down the streets and to what I can see; closer to the water.