Chapter 18

A T H E N A

"You could break my heart in two. But when it heals it beats for you. I know it's forward but it's true"

° ° °

All-day, I study, anxiously waiting for Vincenzo. To kill time, I've called with Chris and Lucy for hours, went to grab something to eat and washed all my clothes.

And yet it somehow still manages to be 5 fucking PM.

Sighing I let myself fall over in my bed, and stare at the ceiling. After some time, I decide to watch something on Netflix, and soon the clock hits 8:30 PM. 

I'm not going out today, and I doubt Vincenzo will show up, so that's why I put my pajamas on.

I lay in bed, my laptop in my hands and a bowl of popcorn next to me, when there's a knock on my door. I look up, and let out a sigh. I put my laptop aside and stand up from my bed, walking over to the door and opening it.

I know I should've expected him, but I'm still surprised to see Vincenzo standing in front of me.

"Hey," he chuckles when he sees what I'm wearing. I blush, and look down. "Yeah, I figured you wouldn't come and..."

He silences me. "Yeah, I'm sorry, but I was dealing with a problem, and things kind of got out of hand," he apologizes. I step aside and invite him inside. 

"And by the way, those pajamas are really cute."

I blush again, and close the door behind me. "So," he says and his eyes travel around my room.

He sees the lit candles and my bed, where my laptop is along with the bowl of popcorn.

"Movie night?" he asks. I shrug. "Yep," I say, and take a seat on the bed. "Can I join?" he asks. I smile and nod.

He takes his shoes off, and next are his jacket and socks. He unties his tie and unbuttons the first buttons of his shirt.

"Which movie are we watching?" he asks. I look back at the screen.

"I wanted something cliché," I grin, "The Notebook."

He laughs, and gets in bed with me. "Boring," he says and grabs a handful of popcorn in his hand, to stuff it into his mouth.

I smile at his boyish behavior.

"You should understand the movie and the beautiful message it brings," I say. He rolls his eyes, and pats the spot beside him to insinuate that I should take a seat next to him, which I do. 

I lay my head on chest and place my laptop next to me so we both have a good look at the screen.

"I understand the meaning, I just find it boring," he says. I sigh. "I can't believe you're thirty-seven," I mutter.

He hums, and turns his head so his mouth his right beside my ear.

"But you like it, don't you?"

I breathe in heavily, and clench my thighs together. "Hmm," I say, and start the movie so I don't have to respond. The movie begins, with Noah sitting down in front of his wife.

The Notebook always has been one of my favorite movies, and it never fails to amaze me. Vincenzo shifts in his spot, so he can place his chin in the crook of my neck. His arms wrap around me, and pull me tight against his chest. He hums in content.

Throughout the movie, I swallow my tears away, but still sob a little at the events.

"I don't understand her! She loves Noah! So why engage with another man!" I say angrily. Vincenzo watches me silently as I cry over the movie, and throw insults and angry comments at the characters.

I groan in irritation at the end of the movie. "Like, I don't get why she doesn't tell her parents to fuck off," I say, and put my laptop and the empty bowl of popcorn aside.

"Love is a complicated thing, amore mio," Vincenzo says.

You're kidding.

I nod. "But still, why be so difficult when you can be with the one you love?" I ask. Vincenzo wraps his arms around me and pulls me back against his chest.

"You'd be surprised what other people do to protect their significant other," he murmurs, and places a soft kiss on my neck.

It gets silent.

"Are you staying the night?" I ask. He sighs, and rakes a hand through his hair.

"If you don't mind?" he asks. I look up at him, and nod. "Okay," I whisper. I get comfortable in bed, while he takes off his pants and shirt, so it leaves him in only his boxers. 

He takes off his watch, and gets under the covers with me.

I sigh in content when I feel his heat against my body, and he wraps his strong arms around me again.

His nose brushes against my neck and when he breathes out it hits my collarbone.

"So," he says, his voice husky and he lets his hand travel lower subtly.

"Spring break is coming up," he says, and presses his lips against my collarbone.

"Yes," I hum. I sigh when his hand slips in my shorts. "And I was wondering if you had anything planned?" he says, and presses his palm against my clit through the fabric of my underwear.

I open my mouth to let out a moan, but nothing comes out. "Hmm?" Vincenzo hums, and presses his lips now on the spot where my neck meets my jaw.

"N-no," I say, my voice a little shaky. He moves his palm a little, stimulating my clit.

"Vincenzo," I breathe out, and let my head rest on the pillow. "Good," he says, and his lips land on mine.

His tongue licks the seam of my lower lip, and I part my lips. I moan lowly when our tongues rub together, and pleasure consumes me when his finger slowly strokes me over my panties.

He parts our lips.

"Do I make you feel good, principessa?"

"Yes," I moan, and grind my hips into his hand. He leans back down, and takes my lower lip between his teeth and slowly sucks on it. I moan when his hand slips into my panty, and starts stroking me.

"So," he murmurs kisses me deeply, "I was wondering if we could spend spring break together, hmm?"

His long, slender finger enters me, making me clench my thighs together. I let out a strangled sound, and nod. He starts pumping his finger in and out of me. I moan into his mouth when he adds another finger. "Do you?" he asks.

"Yes," I grit out, and press our lips back together. He trails off to my neck, and sucks on the skin under my ear.

"Keep your legs spread," he rasps out. I force my thighs open, which is hard. "Would you like to join me on a trip?" he asks and flicks his tongue out. His fingers go faster, and I feel my legs start to tremble. 

"Yes, Vincenzo!" I grit out, and throw my head back when I feel myself reach the limit. His thumb rolls over my throbbing clit, softly pressing on it.

"Good," he smirks, and connects our lips again. Right before I come undone, he places his mouth by my ear.

"You can't back out now," he whispers huskily against my lips. His lips swallow my scream in ecstasy. When I'm coming down from my high, I open my eyes and see him putting his fingers into his mouth. He sends me a wink.

I breathe out, and glance up at him. "Now," I sigh, and turn on my side, "what did you mean by spending spring break with you?"

He smirks mischievously. "You already said yes, bella. You can't back out now."

I have no idea what I got myself into.