Chapter 29

A T H E N A

"Save your advice 'cause I won't hear, you might be right but I don't care. There's a million reasons why I should give you up, but the heart wants what it wants"

° ° °

"We need to tell your family, especially your father," Vincenzo says with furrowed brows. I bite my lip.

"I know," I whisper. "And soon, because both your parents need to know that you're going to have my baby," he says with a smile and rubs his thumb up and down on my stomach.

"But when? It's not like we can fly to Vancouver right now," I tell him. He raises an eyebrow, with a suggestive look in his eyes.

My jaw drops. "Are you serious?" I ask. He shrugs. "I mean, it's not impossible. Classes start back in three days so we have enough time to fly over there. What do you think of leaving tomorrow?" he asks.

I lick my lips and laugh. "This is crazy. You are crazy," I chuckle. "Crazy about you," he grins and pecks my lips. For some weird reason I agree with him, and can't believe that I'm about to head home tomorrow.

But the thing I don't want to do, is telling my father because I know what his reaction will be. And it's not good.

We go back inside, into the warmth and Vincenzo suggests to order a pizza. "You do realize that I'm going to have mood swings and might possibly hate you," I laugh as we take a seat on the soft couch. He chuckles.

"Yeah, I remember how Stella got when she got pregnant. It was a nightmare," he says with a look of horror in his eyes.

I look around the apartment again, and am astonished by how beautiful it is.

"I want to take a look around," I tell Vincenzo. He looks at me. "Shit, I forgot," he laughs, "you distracted me by the fact that you're pregnant."

He stands up from the couch and extends his hand. He pulls me up from the couch, and we start walking towards the stairs that are made of bamboo.

Once upstairs I see that we ended up in a large hallway with different doors. We open a couple of them and I see that they're guestrooms with attached bathrooms.

But then, as we open another door my eyes are popping out of their sockets as I take in the library. "This is heaven," I whisper and take a good look around me. In the corner of the room are armchairs placed with a coffee table, and then in the middle of the room is a pool table.

"You like it? This is one of the main reasons why I bought it," Vincenzo says as he wraps his arms around me from behind.

"You're just too sweet for your own good," I whisper and turn around to kiss him. "I just wish there was something I could do in return, because you spoil me so much," I breathe, and plant another kiss on his lips.

"There's nothing I want from you, bella. That's not why I'm doing this. I'm doing this because I love you and don't want to be away from you. I mean, you could live here and I'll have my driver take you to college every morning," he suggests. "It's not far from here," he adds.

"Sounds good, but I could just take the bus," I shrug, and he scrunches his nose up in distaste. 

"Alright, if that's what you want. But I'd prefer it if you'd just accept my driver," he says as we walk back into the hallway and downstairs. Once back in the living room we walk up the stairs that leads to the room that's surrounded with glass walls.

There's a king-sized bed–of course–placed against the white wall with two nightstands beside it. There's a string of lights hidden behind the bed that lights up the wall.