BONUS

A T H E N A

° ° °

I let out a sigh in content, letting the sun burn down on me. It's a hot day in Italy today, so I took the opportunity to work on my tan.

I open my eyes when I feel a shadow looming over me. My green eyes are met with a pair of dark brown ones. I feel a smile take over my features at the sight of my husband.

"Already back?" I ask and sit up. He takes a seat on the lounge chair and leans down a bit to kiss me. "Yes," he murmurs against my lips.

"Were they crying?"

With a chuckle, he shakes his head. "No, they're always happy when they get to see their grandparents."

I squeal when Vincenzo lifts me up, setting himself on the lounge chair and pulling me on top of his lap.

"I love coming to Italy," I sigh, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. He hums and runs his hand up and down my bare back. "I just love you," he replies.

I can't help it, but every time he says it, a blush comes on my cheeks. "I love you too," I whisper and kiss his lips.

He makes me happy beyond my beliefs. "I love you so much," I repeat. He smiles cheekily. "You already said that," he jokes. I playfully smack his chest.

Vincenzo bought another mansion by the sea, so we have our own private little beach zone. I took a swim half an hour ago, and decided to lay down a bit. "I have to shower," I murmur, not wanting to get up.

Instead, he gets up, taking me with him, and starts walking towards our house. "Are you excited for your birthday?" I ask as we walk into our house. I rest my chin on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess. It used to be a lot more fun when I was a teenager though," he replies. "It's not fun, getting older is it?" I chuckle. "At least I'm not as old as you," I then continue with a smirk.

His grip on me tightens. "Oh, but you love it."

I blush a bright red, and am glad he can't see my face. "Shut up," I mutter. He lets out a laugh, knowing he's won the argument.

"Your family and friends will be flying in tomorrow," he tells me. I bite my lip, getting excited. "I'm glad I'll get to see Chris and Lucy again," I sigh. He takes me up the stairs, and heads for our room.

"What's my present?" he asks.

I smirk. "You'll see."

"Can't wait, baby girl."

° ° °

"My baby is turning forty-two," I sing when I enter our bedroom the next morning. Vincenzo rolls over in bed, but I still manage to catch the smile on his face.

I start singing happy birthday and place the breakfast I made on the bedside table. I laugh when he pulls me in bed with him.

"I made you breakfast," I whisper into his ear. I feel his hand slide down, until he's cupping my ass. I bite my lip to prevent a moan from slipping out.

"I only want one kind of breakfast right now," he growls into my ear. He yanks the bedsheets away, exposing our bodies. His hand crawls down, underneath my panties. My back arches off the bed at the pleasure coursing through me.

"Now, let's eat," he whispers huskily, before diving underneath the sheets.

° ° °

"Who is going to be there?" I ask when I come out of the shower. Vincenzo is already busy dressing up. "Some of my friends, mostly my family. And then your friends and family," he answers, buttoning up his shirt.