Chapter 12

A T H E N A

"In your eyes, there's a heavy blue; one to love, one to lose. Sweet divine, a heavy truth, water, or wine, don't make me choose."

° ° °

The bell rings, and both our heads turn in the direction of the door.

"He's here too early," mom says and takes off her apron. I quickly adjust myself and straighten my clothes out a little.

"The family comes in an hour or two, and he's here now? How are we supposed to entertain him?" mom asks. 

"Calm down, mom. I'm sure we'll find something," I say and put my hand on her shoulder. 

She chuckles. "I'm sure that you will find a way," she winks and opens the door. With a blush on my face, I look up, and see those dark orbs who belong to the man that once stole my heart.

"Vince! You're early," mom says, and greets him with a kiss on his cheek.

It's so weird that she still can manage to do that, without being angry at him for fucking her daughter. "Lilian, always a pleasure to see you," he chuckles, "and I'm sorry I'm early, I just had nothing to do and thought it would be a good idea."

Mom nods. "Of course," she says and waves it away. 

"Make yourself comfortable, Athena will lead the way," she says and sends me a look when she walks away. Vincenzo's eyes rake over my body, as mine do with his.

He's wearing a black suit, with no tie and the first couple of buttons undone. His hair is ruffled up, with no gel and his stubble in unshaven.

He looks so... delicious. "Athena," he greets me. He glances up to make sure my mother is away and places his hand on my waist, leaning in and connecting our lips. My lips part, surprised and he takes that as an opportunity to let his tongue slip past them.

Our tongues caress each other, and before we even have the chance to deepen the kiss, a curse from the kitchen interrupts us.

"Fucking hell!" mom yells. We break apart, and stare in each other's eyes for a split second before we go to the kitchen. Mom stands in front of the counter, the turkey placed in front of it.

"Having trouble?" Vincenzo chuckles. He goes over to her, and mom starts complaining about the turkey. "I'm going to the toilet," I announce, and make my way over to the toilet.

After I'm done and exit the toilet, I walk back to the kitchen and see that mom is missing. What surprises me the most is that I don't see mom cooking, but Vincenzo.

"You can cook?" I blurt out. The kitchen is filled with this delicious smell, and I see Vincenzo standing in front of the stove. The turkey is all cleaned up and everything's done that needs to be done with it.

Vincenzo turns around, his eyes meeting mine. "Of course I can cook," he smirks and wipes his hands off a towel. I walk around the kitchen island and take place on the counter. Vincenzo's in front of me, and he places both hands on either side of me.

"Surprised?" he asks, his lips hovering above mine. I nod. This was the last thing I expected from him. To know how to cook. "I have many talents, bella," he winks. His eyes drop down, to my neck.

"I see you're still wearing my necklace," he whispers. I take in a sharp breath, and curse myself for not taking the stupid thing off. It surprises me that he only notices it now. I never took it off since I arrived.

"It looks fucking good on you," he says and leans in, pressing his lips to my neck. I close my eyes, and breathe out in contentment when his lips dance over my skin.