Epilogue

A T H E N A

° ° °

To my Athena Elena Robertson, or better yet; the love of my life and soon to be wife,

Never have I ever thought I'd marry such a wonderful and precious person like you. I didn't think I deserve this kind of love, but I'll take anything I can get because I'm that selfish.

As I have said so many times; when I first laid eyes on you I knew that I never wanted to let you go and that you had to be mine.

For so long I believed that I would end up alone. I had this emptiness within me without even realizing it and lived in the dark.

But then, so suddenly, you appeared. Many things went down between us and I know that I was so incredibly wrong back then by seducing you – but I simply didn't care for I was so transfixed by your beauty.

I've watched you blossom into this confident, young woman whom I admire. Gone was the innocent 18-year-old I got the pleasure of knowing, and instead I received a bright and smart woman in my arms.

You changed me. I want to be a better man for you and I promise I will be for the rest of our lives. I will love you and hold you whenever you have a bad dream or feel anxious.

My love for you has no limits, I will do anything for you to make you and our little baby happy.

See you soon, my love.

And never forget that I will always love you.

Always yours,

Vincenzo

I can feel the love radiating off the later, and have to blink my tears away at his words.

I put the letter on the vanity with a soft smile and hope Vincenzo is just as moved by my letter as I am by his.

"Are you nervous?" Lucy asks. I let out a deep breath and nod. "Very," I whisper. I take a deep breath and try to calm my nerves.

Chris has been bawling his eyes out the whole day, not believing that I'm actually getting married.

The people are already outside, seated and waiting for me to appear. I eye my appearance once more.

"Is everything alright?" I ask and turn to look at Lucy

"Is everything alright?" I ask and turn to look at Lucy. "You're beautiful, darling. Don't worry," she assures me. "Is everyone in their seats?" I ask as soon as Chris appears in the doorway.

"Yes, your mother is seated at the front with Aurora on her lap and Vincenzo's parents next to her. All the seats are filled," he informs me. His eyes scan me, from head to toe.

"You're so beautiful, Athena. I can't believe this," he says and wipes his eyes. "Stop it! You're going to make me cry too and then my make-up would be ruined," I chuckle.