Chapter 22

A T H E N A

"The bed's getting cold and you're not here, the future that we hold is so unclear. But I'm not alive until you call, and I bet the odds against it all"

° ° °

We're walking through the city while our hands are laced together. And although it's getting a little dark outside, the air is still warm and I'm enjoying every second of it.

And I've come to notice that all the women here seem to have an eye on Vincenzo, and the thought is irritating the hell out of me.

"What, can't stand the thought of other women liking me?" Vincenzo mocks. I roll my eyes at his statement.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," he says, his dominant tone causing me to clench my thighs together a little bit. He pulls me closer to him so he can wrap his arm around my shoulder, and places his mouth right by my ear.

"You know I only have eyes for you."

Do you?

Trying to disregard that negative thought, I smile and peck his lips quickly. I hate it that I can't say he's mine, because he isn't. I hate to admit that I don't know what we are. 

"Right," I mumble, and wrap my arm around his waist. We continue to walk down the street, and then we decide it is time to go back to the house we're sleeping at.

While we were in town, we ate the delicious Greek food and walked a little around town, but I didn't see much. 

Vincenzo promised it would be for tomorrow. Suddenly, I feel his hand land on my thigh, his thumb softly rubs up and down on the skin of my inner thigh, and his skin is surprisingly cold against my heated skin.

"Are you okay?" he asks, a concerned tone laced through his deep voice. I nod while continuing to stare out of the window. "Yeah," I say, and then I hear a sigh.

Before I know it, we have arrived at the house and Vincenzo turns me around so I'm facing him. "I don't like seeing you upset," he whispers, his dark eyes scanning my face. "Like I said, I'm fine," I say, and I see his eyes fill with frustration. "You sure?" he asks, and tilts up one eyebrow. I sigh, annoyed. "Yes," I respond. He frowns.

"Alright," he says angrily, clearly not happy with my mood. We get out of his car and he leads me inside the house. 

"I'm going to take a shower," I mumble once we're inside. I take off my shoes, get some fresh undergarments and a bathrobe and head straight for the bathroom. Once inside, I turn on the shower and strip out of my clothes. 

I take off my make-up and put my hair in a bun on top of my head before I enter the shower stall, letting the warm water land on top of my body while my mind drifts off at the cause of my sour mood. 

Seeing him angry is kind of scary, and the feeling it brings isn't relieving. I feel guilty for being like this and ruining the rest of the night, but I can't help it.

When I caught all those women staring at Vincenzo, I felt so helpless. He can fuck them for all he cares and not care about my emotions, because that's what he did last time.

And still you let him fuck you.

I decide to block all those thoughts and quickly wash my body. But once I open the door of the stall, my heart jumps out of my chest when I see Vincenzo leaning against the counter, with a towel in his hands. 

Our eyes meet when he looks up and for a split second his eyes trail over my naked body.

He looks so delicious, with his white shirt tucked into his black pants and the first couple of buttons of the shirt are undone, revealing a little of his chest.