Chapter 28

A T H E N A

"She's a silver lining, lone ranger riding through an open space. In my mind when she's not right there beside me"

° ° °

"I have a surprise for you for when we arrive home," Vincenzo says and sends me a cheeky smile.

We're laying in the bed that's placed inside his jet while he caresses my bare skin.

"Really?" I ask, suddenly excited. "Yes, and you're going to love it," he grins. A smile tugs at the corner of my lips. "Stop making me curious!" I pout.

He laughs the most adorable laugh, and pokes my nose. "Patience, baby. We'll land soon," he promises.

And he's right. After another two rounds the pilot announces that we have to buckle up because we're about to land.

We both put our clothes back on and take our seats back.

And all the while I'm wondering what the surprise could be.

° ° °

"So, when do I get to see the surprise?" I ask as we drive to campus. "Two days," Vincenzo answers, catching me off guard. "Two days? Oh, come on! That's way too long," I pout, and flutter my eyelashes at him.

He shrugs. "It is what it is, mia cara."

I roll my eyes at his reply. Faster than I wanted, we arrive on campus and it's time for me to say goodbye to the man I love.

"I don't want to get out," I whisper against his lips. He hums. "Then don't," he smirks. I giggle. "You're a bad influence," I laugh and peck his lips.

"I'll see you tonight, I need to go and handle some things for your surprise," he grins. "Stop teasing!" I pout.

Fuck, he's so adorable when he laughs. "Alright, I'll stop. I'm going to pick you up at eight, okay?" he asks.

I nod.

"Of course," I say and lean in for a last kiss. I pull away reluctantly and wave at him before stepping out of the car.

The driver also steps out of the car to retrieve my suitcase, and I thank him with a smile as he hands it over to him.

After a swift nod, he gets back in the car and I watch how the car drives away–away from me.

I turn back to all the building on campus and sigh. It's obviously not good to be back.

While walking towards my building, I get my phone out of my pocket and look up Chris' number.

After a few rings, he picks up.

"Hey baby girl," he greets me. I smile. "Hey, wanna meet up?"

° ° °

"Tell me everything," he says as he takes a seat with Thomas next to him. We decided to meet up in a coffee shop nearby.

"It was just... magical," I sigh and smile. "The tea, bitch. I want the fucking tea!"

I laugh at his tone, and see that Thomas agrees with him. "Well, he took me to Greece and Italy," I start, and see their eyes going wide.

"Really? I wish I had a sugar daddy like that," Chris sighs dreamily, earning a nudge in the side from Thomas.

"Sorry, babe," Chris smiles sheepishly, and pecks him on the lips.

These two are adorable.

"I don't see him as a sugar daddy, though. He spoils me and all but I really don't want to take advantage of him," I tell them.