V

. Many of you will be confused throughout reading this chapter. Just know that this is from before . 

V I N C E N Z O

. .

With my girl lying on my chest, I close my eyes and let my head fall back on the pillow. Her brown hair is sprawled all over the bed and my hand is stroking her bare back that's covered in a light layer of sweat.

We're talking about the fact that she'll be going to college when my phone starts ringing.

With an annoyed sigh, I roll over and pick up. "Amoretto," I snarl into the phone, irritated at the person at the other end for interrupting my moment with my girl.

My co-worker who came with me to the U.S starts talking about something that has happened – someone has messed up, badly.

I curse under my breath and tell him I'll be there in a few.

I get up and head towards my closet. Once I have my clothes on I turn to the precious girl seated on my bed, looking like she was just being fucked.

"I need to go to work, there's an emergency and I need to be there," I tell Athena.

She frowns, and then starts putting her clothes on.

"What are you doing?" I ask her. She tells me she'll be heading home and talk to Lucy about everything that has happened with Chris.

My poor baby.

When she called me yesterday, I immediately picked her up because I couldn't stand the thought of her being alone while suffering from such guilt resting on her shoulders and coming out of a break-up.

Even though she wasn't the one who suffered from the heartache.

I go downstairs to let her put her clothes on and while waiting I call one of my workers and tell them I'll be going. I turn around, and my eyes meet Athena's green ones.

"Athena, I'll be going now, okay? I'll speak to you later," I say and peck her plump lips. With the feeling of her lips on mine, I exit my house and get in my car, telling my driver to start heading to my office.

On the way to work I get a message from someone I still wonder why I kept their number.

Emma Ricci; Hey, I'm in Vancouver and just found out you're here as well. I was wondering if you want to catch up with some lunch or dinner?

I roll my eyes and shut my phone, quickly disregarding the message and already forgetting her existence.

I've forgotten about Emma a long time ago, she doesn't mean anything to me. We were engaged through her parents. 

Her dad was for a short time a partner of me and introduced me to his daughter. It was a set up arrangement but I quickly realized I didn't love her the way I should.

I've found something more genuine now...

° ° °

I've just got out of a meeting and walk into my office. The files on my desk greet me and internally, I groan.

I take a seat behind my desk and start with the things that need to be done. A couple of hours later, I hear a knock on my door, and I raise my head.

"Yes?" I ask, and the door opens, revealing Nate. I instantly clench my jaw and sit up a little straighter at the sight of him.

Ever since our awkward interaction in New York we've been avoiding each other at work and I actually wonder why I haven't fired him yet. I was planning on facing him and telling him that he should mind his own business.