13

-Alana's POV-

Today was Monday. My 16th birthday. Despite how I may act I really do love my birthday I just don't like making a huge deal about it. I like a simple chocolate cake with a few candles. I just like to be with My parents and my Aunt Nerumi and And Uncle Zashi but thats about it. 

I woke up to someone shaking me instead of my usual alarm. "Sunshine wake up..." I hear dad's voice and my eyes flutter open. "mmm what do you want daddy..." I grumble and look up at him. Mom was standing next to him holding a can of Arizona and a bag of popcorn. 

"Happy birthday Baby!" Mom yells flipping on the lights and cheering. Dad chuckles as I smile at my mom. She jumps on top of me and floods me with kisses and hugs making me giggle. "Ohhh my big 16 year old girl! Ahhhh I'm so happy!" mom says and I smile at her. 

"Thanks Mama!" I say sitting up straight. "Sooooo did you have anything you want to do today? Maybe go to the mall? or we can go to the movies?" Mom asks and I shake my head with giggle. "No I think I just want to go to school and then go to the park for a picnic like we usually do." I say and dad pats my head. 

"Didn't you invite a few friends?" he asks and I sigh. "Yeah I guess... I hope they didn't buy me anything I really don't want any gifts." I say hoping out of bed. I walk over to my closet and start pulling out my clothes for the day. "Oh but if they did that'd be so sweet! I love those little kiddos!" Mom says and I smile. "Yeah they are pretty cool.." I stick my head all the way in closet. "Mom have you seen my clear belt? I've been looking for it everywhere...." I call out but no one responds. 

I just hear small giggles behind me. "Mama! I know you have my belt! I saw you wearing the other day!" I yell and keep digging for my jeans. I grab my jeans and come out. "Mama are you-" "Surprise sweetie!" Mom says and dad holds out a medium sized box. "W-whats this?" I ask smiling a bit. "Just open it..." Dad says with his little smirk. 

"Um ok haha.." I grab the box and walk to my desk. I smile at them and look down at the box. I slowly pull the top off of the box and inside there was a little calico kitten. It meowed at me and my heart clenched. "Oh my fucking god!" I squeal and gently pick up the small kitten my hands. "Do you like her?" Mom asks and I turn around smiling wide. "I love her! Oh my Jesus! How adorable!" I say holding the kitten close to my face. 

"She so smalllllll!" I cry and my parents laugh at me. "So what'd her name?" Dad asks and look at the cat. "hmmmm...." I examine the small kitten and it meows at me again. "Honey!" I say and my parents smile. " I love it!" Mom says and kisses my forehead. 

"Happy birthday my love." She says and I smile. "Thank you mama. You too daddy... Ok I'll be out in 5 minutes let me get dressed." I say and they nod. They walk out of my room and I place the small kitten on my bed. "oh boy honey your so teeny tiny! Suki is so much bigger than you." I say and get a small meow in response. 

I quickly get changed into this outfit-