Chapter 86: Glad to be back

Once I was able to go home and Chi came to pick me up, I ran into his arms and he held me in an tight embrace. Though I knew that we both had a lot to say to one another, we didn't say a single word the whole way home. He had his hand on my thigh, stroking it with his thumb in almost a comforting way. I could tell that from what little time that I was gone, he was touch starved. Before I left, I was always touching him or he was always touching me. If it wasn't that, then we were close enough to each other that we were within reach.

As soon as we got home, we went straight upstairs. I stopped by Rei's room, but he wasn't in there. It just then dawned on me that he was still on I-island, like how Chi told me when he first visited me. I missed him and the rest of the kids, but I knew that they were all fine and healthy. Anyways, when we got into our room, I dropped my bags by the door as I usually would when I would get off of work, and went to take a shower right away. I took a shower the night before, but I felt like I needed to take a shower in my own house for me to feel completely relaxed.

As I stood in front of the mirror, staring back at myself, I started to realize that my scars were pretty much fully healed for the most part. I never saw my scars look that healed over. Honestly, for once I too was proud of myself. I never would have thought that I would have been in the position I was in and had a somewhat decent mental state. Not only had the cuts healed, but the fiendish voice in my head was nowhere to be heard of either. I took that to my advantage.

After I got out of the shower, blow dried and fixed my hair, I emerged from the bathroom to find that Chi was waiting at the foot end of the bed. I stood in front of him as I wore pajama shorts that were above the knee with a matching tank top. It was unusual for me to wear a tank top, but since it was just Chi and I in the house, I didn't care.

He put his hands on my sides and pulled me to him. He put an ear up to my chest and listened to my heartbeat as he closed his eyes. I played with his hair as we stayed frozen like that for a minute. He then looked up at me and smiled, which I then reciprocated. "Ready to cuddle?" he asked. I nodded my head with a smile. He stood up, which made me take a step back, but he then picked me up and walked around the bed, to which he got in on his side and pulled the blankets up, covering both of us.

It was colder outside than what it had been for the previous weeks, so it was then a little cooler in the house. I thought that it was nice, but I knew that he was cold. So, there we were, I was sitting on his lap, facing him with his arms wrapped around me as he then continued to have his face buried in my chest. After another minute, he looked me in my eyes for a couple seconds before kissing me.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." he said quietly, "I want to do so much with you, but I know that you want to relax."

I agreed, "Yeah, I want to do a lot to make up for lost time too, but I'm pooped out; I just want to stay like this all day and maybe even take a nap."

He squeezed me tighter to him as he said, "I really missed you, babe."

"I missed you too."

"No, I mean I really missed you." he corrected.

I gave a confused look, "Well I really missed you too."

He looked me in the eye, "I don't think you get what I mean."

My face started to turn red. "Oh." I squeaked out.

His expression changed, which made him look somewhat desperate. "Baby, I know that you just got home and settled back in, but I really want to do it."

My face continued to burn red as I said, "I know, hun, but I really am not in the mood. Like you said, I just got back from a psych ward. I want to just cuddle innocently, alright?"