Chapter 40: Where a chapter started

I woke up with a stiff back and looked around since the room I was in was unfamiliar. I generated a pair of glasses since my vision was so blurry, and saw that I was in a hospital room once they were on. I noticed that I was wearing oversized sweatpants and a hoodie. They weren't too big, but just enough that I'd notice.

I let out a sigh as I thought, 'What did I do now?'

I got out of bed with ease, so I knew that whatever I had done wasn't too bad that would make me weak like I usually am when I have to heal myself, resulting in me using a lot of energy hence making me weak. When I made it to the foot end of my bed, the hospital room door slid open. A man who I've never seen before was standing in the doorway. His face lit up upon seeing me before he bolted in and threw his arms around me. I tensed up and widened my eyes since I didn't know what was going on and that I didn't have the slightest clue as to who this guy was. Not going to lie though, he was pretty handsome looking.

He let go of me and asked in a frantic, worried tone, "How are you feeling? Are you alright?"

"I-I'm f-fine." I stuttered.

He took my hand and tried to pull me back towards the bed, "Come on, you shouldn't be out of bed so soon. I'll get the doctor and-"

"No!" I yelled as I jerked my hand free from his grasp. He looked to me as if he was hurt, which I then didn't waste any time to run out of the room and down the hall. Just as I turned the corner to leave my room, I bumped into someone. I  looked up to see who it was. Thankfully it was just Yamada. I put my hand up to my chest and let out a sigh of relief before I said, "Thank god you're here, there's-"

"Y/N?" the guy who was in my room said my name, making me freeze.

I slowly turned around and asked in a grave tone, "H-how do you know m-my name?"

He looked to Yamada, who was behind me, and said in a worried tone, "She doesn't remember who I am."

Yamada sighed, "Well, it's like the doctor said I suppose, they won't remember a lot."

'Won't remember a lot? Wait, did you say they? Who's they?'

The guy took a step towards me, which I then took a step back, bumping into Yamada, making him place a hand on my back as he said "I guess if you want, you could head back home since she doesn't remember who you are, and she seems a little shaken up by things."

The guy agreed, "Yeah, we don't need her to panic more than what she already has. Just text or call or whatever when you hear something new." he said before looking to me, "Sorry if I startled you."

"It-it's fine." I said quietly before he left. We then watched as the guy left and entered the elevator. Once the elevator doors closed, I turned to Yamada and asked, "Who is that guy?"

He sighed and said in a stressed out tone, "His name's Chikao. He's your husband."

My eyes widened, "What?!" I exclaimed.

He turned so he was facing the hospital room door that was next to mine, "Follow me." He then opened the room door and I followed him in, closing the door behind us. There was a boy that looked to be about my age that was sitting on the hospital bed. He had black hair that went to just about his shoulders. He looked beyond tired as if he hadn't slept in days.

Yamada took a seat on the chair that was by his bed and began to explain as he crossed his arms, "He already knows most of it, but you two were hit with a criminal's quirk. The quirk turns a person back to their high school self. That includes their appearance, abilities, and memories."

"Wait, so how old am I supposed to be right now?" I asked.

He looked up and tried to remember before responding, "Thirty six."