C H A P T E R 3 6

A WEEK LATER____________________

A WEEK LATER
____________________

M U S T A F A had just returned from the office. Feeling tired and sick, he wanted nothing more than to get in his bedroom and fall asleep with Hoor. He rubbed his hands over his tired face. He knew that was not a possibility. Tomorrow was their walima and Hoor was busy with Alia in planning the last minute things.

A smile grazed Mustafa's face as he remembered the events of the past week. He and Hoor had been nothing but compatible. Their relationship had been as if shrouded in a cloak of peace. He felt nothing but content when he looked at his wife. And he hoped that was how she felt too.

They had been making improvements, trying to get comfortable with each other. Now, Hoor did not scowl at the sight of him. Instead, she began to take interest in his life. Just three days ago, she had joined him to visit his physiotherapist. She eagerly looked at the surroundings, amused by the number of people that visited the doctor.

When she had seen Mustafa doing exercises, with the therapist doing most of the effort, tears had made way into her eyes. She was yet again reminded of the cruel fact that she had failed to understand her husband and had caused him pain. Apologising profusely on the way back for his actions.

Mustafa shook his head. Smiling to himself about his naive wife. She was an absolute sweetheart. But the daily worsening behaviour his uncle's family, worried him. And if worse came to worse, Mustafa would send them back to their original residence. He had paid off all those years they had raised him. And he would not stand Hoor being insulted by anyone.

"Mustafa ap kia soch soch kar muskura rahay hai?" Hoor who stepped out of the drawing room to fetch some tea, was surprised to see him.
Her voice, breaking him out of his reverie.
"Uh- haan kuch nahi. Waisay hi. Ap bataein, keh ma kidhr hai?" Mustafa changed the topic.
"Andar hain. Ap chalein, mei chai le kar aati hun," she passed him a smile.
Heading into the direction of the kitchen.

Mustafa gazed at her for a few seconds, until she moved far enough that he could no longer see her. Then making his way into the room, surprised to see Rizwan and his father inside aswell.
"Assalamualikum," Mustafa greeted everyone.
Getting a chorus of replies back. He motioned for Raees to help him sit on the two seater. The plush fabric making his back relax. He rubbed his hands through his dishevelled hair.

"Khariat? Rizwan aur uncle ap kaise aai?" Mustafa asked.
Clearly, the father-son duo had shown their disgust on the day of his wedding.
"Han. Woh kuch baat karni thi, Abdul Rehman sahab sai," the elderly man replied.
Not hiding his disgust for him. Mustafa silently nodded his head, turning towards Alia.
"Ma Hoor keh kapray aagai?" He asked eagerly.
Mustafa had selected the outfit himself, and could not wait for his wife to wear it.
"Ji beta. Ap keh kamray mei rakhwa diye hai," she smiled at him.