17. How You Comfort Them When They Are Sad

(TW this will probably have some self harming/suicide references and angst so please read with caution<3)

The Joker:
He's turns his sadness into manic laughs and jokes so you don't normally know when he is sad. But one time he started laughing a lot, you go  to see what was up and the laughs turn into cries, his back is turned towards you and you notice he is holding a knife, you quickly take it. "Please don't do anything to yourself." You face him, and notice all the tears. You don't know what's going on in his mind, but you know it isn't good, you hug him tightly, you aren't sure what to say to him but you keep him very close to you. "Do..don't ever hurt yourself" You are stilling holding the knife as you say this and you drop it on the ground. He nods and you hear his tortured laughs slow down and stop. "I love you" he says with a laugh.

Dr Jonathan Crane:
He doesn't take failure well, even if it's small. You walk in to see him sitting by his desk, a notebook is open and it looks filled with tons of words and by the notebook is various substances he doesn't look to happy. "Are you alright?" You say as you approach, he shakes his head, now that you think about it you haven't seen him a while. His hair is a mess and he just looks defeated. "Why do I always fail?" He sounds so tired. "I try everything, and nothing ever goes right." He looks at you and you notice his eyes are a bit watery. You tell him how you don't think he's a failure, and how he's the smartest person you've meant. He pulls you onto the chair with him and he holds you tight.

Roman Sionis:
He finds your phone and looks through it. He finds that you have been texting another male, he is an old friend from school but he doesn't believe you. "How could you betray me, I loved you." He's voice is weak, you look at him and shake your head you try to tell that he's just a friend from high school, but he goes into his room and closes the door, you don't know what he's doing in there, but it worries you. You knock, "please let me in, please." You hear the door unlock, he's on his bed and he doesn't look at you. You lay down next to him, and you can tell he is holding back tears, it hurt you so much. You explain it to him, and you give him your phone and tell him he could do whatever he wants with it. He faces you and you kiss him so he knows you still love him.

Two Face:
(This might be a bit long) He gets sad a lot, he hates how he looks, and you know that. He has been oversleeping a lot, and you thought he was just tired. You open the door to your room, and he's not asleep but you can hear how much pain he is in. You move closer to him. "Y..you don't want to see me like this." He says, his voice is shaking you shake your head, you don't want to see him sad but you want to help him. You lay down next to him and you roll over to face him. "I'm a monster, I don't want to live like this" you notice the tears rolling down his face, you can't tell him it's going to be okay, he can't change it and neither can you. You stare into his eyes, "please...you aren't a monster, I will never know the pain you go through but don't do anything diaristic." He breathes heavily, "Nobody wants to be around me...there is no point of living this life alone." You shake you head and place a hand on the burnt side of his face, you do it gently so it doesn't hurt him. "I want to be around you, you are my everything! You are the love of my life, my best friend, my world." You whisper to him and you kiss him. It's the most loving kiss you two ever had.